Woodcock Limited of Pa will be holding their annual meeting on Saturday March 24th. This year, for the first time, we will also he holding a banquet on Friday March 23rd to raise funds for habitat work. Part of the fundraising will be auctioning off the hunts listed below. Both the banquet and meeting will be held at the Nature Inn at Bald Eagle State Park
. 100% of the money raised will be used for habitat work around Pa.
While attending the Dinner and being the highest-bidder is the only way to ensure you will win the item(s) on this list you are interested in, because of the limited space available for the Dinner, we are allowing pre-bids on some items. Your bid will be put in as a proxy bid and as such will be a part of the bidding process. This means you could still be the winner of your item, even if you are unable to attend the Dinner! You will notice that the auction items have a minimum bid listed. Bids must meet or exceed the minimum bid amount. Some items might also have a reserve bid.
If you are interested in using the pre-bid option for an item, contact WL of PA President Joseph Faux at 570-435-3487 or through our website email at wlofpa@veriz ;on.net
and he will go over the details of this process with you.
For more information on Woodcock Limited, the banquet, or the annual meeting and habitat tour, visit our website at Woodcock Limited
You can also contact me with any questions at j.keller56@co& #109;cast.net
<span style="font-weight: bold">List of Auction Items for 2012 Banquet</span>
1) 2 ½ Day hunt in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula for woodcock and grouse for two people provided by WL Board Member Michael Rose. Possible hunt dates include mid-September and two weeks in October, 2012. Hunt includes two special wild-game dinners to include grilled woodcock with foie gras on toast points, and braised venison shank with roasted vegetables and garlic mashers. Meals will be paired with great French red wines which includes a special Bordeaux! This is a hunting trip you will remember your entire life!
Minimum Bid $500
2) Pheasant and chucker hunt for two people provided by North Country Outfitters shooting preserve in northern Tioga County, Pennsylvania. Overnight lodging for one night is included. Enjoy an upland hunt in the off-season on ground managed for game!
Minimum Bid $100
3) Duck and Goose hunt for two people on Maryland’s famed Eastern Shore provided by B&J Outfitters. B&J has been in business over 38 years and continues to produce fast-paced action for their hunters. Besides great bird action, exceptional seafood is available in the area! Additional hunters can be accommodated on this hunt and the hunt can also be lengthened.
Minimum Bid $200
4) ½ Day Upland Bird Hunt (24 quail) provided by Erly Quail Club in Perry County, PA. Continental breakfast and catered lunch also included. Enjoy an off-season day of quail hunting at a beautiful facility and grounds!
Minimum Bid $150
5) 1 or 2 day hunt for woodcock and/or grouse for two people in North-Central Pennsylvania provided by WL of PA Board Member Jeff Keller. Hunt can be for either gamebird or for both gamebirds with hunt location dependent on species being hunted. Two day hunt takes precedent over 1 day hunt (depending on bid price). Meals and lodging included!
Minimum Bid: 1 day $150; 2 day $300
6) 4-hour horse-back ride through Pennsylvania’s elk country provided by Keystone Elk Country Alliance Biologist Rawley Cogan. Enjoy the spectacular fall ritual of bugling elk in the company of Pennsylvania’s elk expert! This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, not to be missed!
Minimum Bid $200
7) Woodcarving of antique shorebird by Ward Competition winner Jeff Keiffer of Golden Feather Decoys. Jeff’s specialty is antique shorebirds and his decoys are truly world-class!
Minimum Bid $75