RGS South Mountain Chapter - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

RGS South Mountain Chapter

Conservation group to host fundraiser dinner in Mount Joy

Proceeds used to restore and protect grouse and woodcock habitat

The South Mountain Chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society (RGS) will host its 27th Annual Conservation and Sportsmen's Banquet on Saturday, February 4, 2012 at Acorn Farms, 3141 Mount Joy Road, Mount Joy, PA beginning with a reception party at 5 p.m. Dinner at 7 p.m.

As is the custom at this event, the evening will feature live and silent auctions, games, drawings and door prizes; highlighted with the finest selection of quality firearms, artwork and collectable’s.

According to George Criswell, individual membership and dinner tickets are $50. There is also an optional family membership package for $90 which includes two dinners. Additional family dinners are available at $25 each. Banquet, Conservation and Sustaining sponsorship packages are also available at $275, $500 and $1,000 respectively.

As with all RGS fundraisers, proceeds from this event will be used to restore and protect grouse and woodcock habitat.

For more information and/or tickets contact Criswell at 717-432-4062 or Jack Stettenbauer at: [email protected] .

Established in 1961, the Ruffed Grouse Society is the one international wildlife conservation organization dedicated to promoting conditions suitable for ruffed grouse, American woodcock and related wildlife to sustain our sport hunting tradition and outdoor heritage.

Information on RGS, its mission, management projects and membership can be found on the web at: http://www.ruffedgrousesociety.org .

Media Contact:

George Criswell, 717-432-4062.

PCD Enlightened
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: RGS South Mountain Chapter

I like some of the thing you said here..

But please tell me something here..

where and what habitat Project have they done?? if your talking about the 1-2 acres that RGS talked about Habitat sites. That's more like RGS press to me. there just saying hey look what we did.. but really what did they do?? the 1-2 acres dont cut it.. not for good grouse habitat.

I have been a memeber for 7's years now. and from what i can see. someone is doing something with the money. since its not going back into grouse/woodcock habitat.
There are 7's large timber Co here in the Northcentral and the northwest Reg. and RGS wouldn't even give them a dinner ticket.. Come on.. they do more for grouse habitat in one week then RGS could do in a year.. that to me makes no since.
they really need to get with the program...
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Chris,

Maybe you should get your RD on it. Have her throw them a ticket.

I think their biggest contribution is beating back the tree hugger and making sure the trees keep dropping. The little projects are nice, but makeing sure large scale timbering continues is the key. Having people in the eyes of those legislative members is critical.

I am sure PF has the same type people pushing for CREP.

PCD Enlightened
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Frequent Contributor

We tryed to get the RD to give them a ticket.. and NO.. RGS doesn't do that...

RGS, doesn't even have anyone on the PFSC board. they dont believe in what PFSC does. Thats wrong. They really need to get with it.

AS for PF. WE have someone In DC all the time. Thats his full time job. Just like DU and 7's other ones.

PF has a PA state Council. Does RGS. NO. (why is that)??

And this isnt about what PF does. They Both do thing Totatly different.

My point here is. RGS, say's they do all this habtiat work. But where do they do it at?? and they make it sound like they do 1000's of acres. but really what are they doing with all they money??

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Sage

I just wish RGS would allow me to go to this banquet, but, they only sell tickets, at $90 per couple, which includes a membership.

I don't want a membership, just want to go and bid on their items as a way of donating.

This is not the fault of the chapters, but the fault of the main office.

I applaud what S. Mountain chapter is trying to do, but just feel their efforts are held back by RGS national.

As far as I'm concerned, national is a bunch of idiots for not pricing their banquets so just regular folks can attend. They lose money due to their ignorance.

My brother is a member of the PA Trappers. They price their banquets at the price of the meal and a little more.They encourage more people to attend that way, thus getting more bidders for their donated items and end up making more money.

Wish RGS would wake up.

"It only takes one person to care in order to get something changed." Bryan S.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Frequent Contributor

Dutch,

I'm with you 100%.. The way i see it. if we get you in the door. We will get some kind of Money out of you. even if its only $10.00 or whatever it is. We cant get it if your not there.
if you dont want a memebership so be it.
RGS Main office better get with the program..
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Sage

I agree.

I also don't want anyone thinking I'm coming down on the grassroots RGS members. I'm not. My brother is involved with the South Mountain Chapter and helps with their banquet.

My beef is with RGS National.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 11:06 AM
The Man

You can put on a dress and come as Kevin's wife

I dont think you need to be a member to attend the Woodcock Limited banquet in March.

Plenty of scouting and good habitat makes for a great hunt.

Jeff
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
I just wish RGS would allow me to go to this banquet, but, they only sell tickets, at $90 per couple, which includes a membership.

I don't want a membership, just want to go and bid on their items as a way of donating.

This is not the fault of the chapters, but the fault of the main office.

I applaud what S. Mountain chapter is trying to do, but just feel their efforts are held back by RGS national.

As far as I'm concerned, national is a bunch of idiots for not pricing their banquets so just regular folks can attend. They lose money due to their ignorance.

My brother is a member of the PA Trappers. They price their banquets at the price of the meal and a little more.They encourage more people to attend that way, thus getting more bidders for their donated items and end up making more money.

Wish RGS would wake up.
Dutch, The next RGS South Mountain meeting is at my house on the 17th. I will bring this up. I know of a couple other people who would like to come but dont want to join. However they will spend there money and purchase something. I would rather have you there to possibly get some of your money then none at all. Hopefully we can get it changed so you can attend.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAgain
You can put on a dress and come as Kevin's wife

I dont think you need to be a member to attend the Woodcock Limited banquet in March.
Jeff, I think people might notice my adams apple? LOL

I have helped with each WL habitat project they have had so far, but am not a member. I like getting my fingernails dirty, and WL allows me to do that. Mike Kotay will verify that. He has the pics of me in apple trees when the "old" guys stayed on the ground. LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page