Cabin Rentals in Clinton/Lycoming County - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Cabin Rentals in Clinton/Lycoming County

Looking for a campground with cabin rentals near one of the state forests in either county. This would be for grouse hunting and a place that allows pets. I found a place last year but can't remember the name and switched computers so its lost. Any suggestions appreciated?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to coyoterook
Re: Cabin Rentals in Clinton/Lycoming County

http://www.happyacresresort.net/ .... http://slaterun.com/ 2 websites hope it helps..look at area info and places to stay on slate run site ..
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

mountain top bar has cabins.. fin fur and feather is a B&B .. both are at the intersection of rt 44 north of waterville and 664 north of lock haven.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 03:15 PM
New Arrival

ole bull state park in cross forks potter county. great spot for grouse there is hungry hollow road. i seen alot during deer season.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 10:26 PM
New Arrival

Try Quiet Oaks Campground in Cross Fork. They have several small cabins in Cross Fork which are very reasonable, and dogs are permitted. These are pretty basic, but they do the job as a base of operations. These units have a small fridge, microwave, coffe maker, propane cooktop and TV with 2 or 3 channels. Quiet Oaks also has several larger cabins on their campground property on the mountain above Cross Fork. Fin Fur & Feather in Haneyville is a comfortable B&B and they permit dogs in several of their rooms. I stayed there for a few years before I bought a camp. They give you a good breakfast, and you can buy a lunch to take into the field. The Black Forest Inn has some comfy looking rooms, but I don't know if dogs are permitted. I believe Happy Acres Campground in Waterville permits dogs in some of its cabins.
Some of the campgrounds up around Rt. 6 have either cabins or trailers for rent, but I don't know if dogs are permitted.

Finding dog-friendly places seems to get harder every year.

Btw, there has not been a grouse seen in that entire part of the state in years! )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page