good locale for cabin or retirement retreat - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

good locale for cabin or retirement retreat

I am thinking of a good place to buy some land for hunting, maybe eventually put up a cabin or retirement place just to get away and have a quiet place in the woods. Some of my concerns were addressed in the hunting camps forum with my concerns about fracking. Obviously, no one wants this where they are going to live and so this puts a lot of PA out of the picture. Too bad, because I think north central PA with the elk and rural areas would be ideal. Would southern or northeast PA be a better bet? Maybe I will have to head south to southwestern VA. That is the Cumberland Gap area, home to Daniel Boone. Break out the flintlock! That could be the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 AM

Re: good locale for cabin or retirement retreat

i dont think there will be a county in pa that wont have gas issues at some point in time, and iam. not saying gas is a bad thing, but back to the camp issue when you do buy your land i would want some type of water on it, stream , river, springs, etc.this is what i looked for when i bought mine, good luck.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 02:17 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBlair
I am thinking of a good place to buy some land for hunting, maybe eventually put up a cabin or retirement place just to get away and have a quiet place in the woods. Some of my concerns were addressed in the hunting camps forum with my concerns about fracking. Obviously, no one wants this where they are going to live and so this puts a lot of PA out of the picture. Too bad, because I think north central PA with the elk and rural areas would be ideal. Would southern or northeast PA be a better bet? Maybe I will have to head south to southwestern VA. That is the Cumberland Gap area, home to Daniel Boone. Break out the flintlock! That could be the place.
That is after he left Berks County Pennsylvania!

I certainly wouldn't cross N.C. Pa. off your list.

WMU 5B 5C 4C 3D 2G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clermont
Quote:

don't trust this guy...he likes the Flyers

My eyes hurt. Just deal the cards.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFO1
Quote:
Quote:

WMU 5B 5C 4C 3D 2G
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Sage

Been to Daniel Boones homestead not too far from Reading, PA.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 06:06 PM

All I can say is you have two choices laurel, or none. Best bet is to go and explore.

Anybody can shoot deer on the farm ground....You earn it in the mountains.......
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Sage

I would love to find a small tract of land in NC to build a small cabin......but I would be happy most anywhere in Pa..no real bad spots outside the cities.....
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, but other than that, he seems rational.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 09:06 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, but other than that, he seems rational.
Indeed he does!!

WMU 5B 5C 4C 3D 2G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page