Cabin Hunting advice - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Cabin Hunting advice

Looking to purchase a cabin with in 2 hours of Harrisburg area. But having hard time finding listings any where. Craigslist has a few. But does anyone know of any cabin in their area or where I could find resources to help find something. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Cabin Hunting advice

I also have been looking. I do google searches for realtors in the counties I'm interested in. I always ask for an address so I can do a Google Earth look at the property as I am from Southern New Jersey and to far to go for each property.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Frequent Contributor

I find a few on realtor.com and google searching "pa camps and land for sale". Its tough because the commission is so low on these no ones going to put much work into advertising. HuntingPA turns up quite a few also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 06:16 PM
The Man

What counties are you interested in?

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I have no preference.... Just would like to stay within 2 hrs of Harrisburg
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Sage

Pick a county and enter/type I.e. "clearfield county real estate agencies". Then select an agency from this list. Navigate their site. You should find a section for camps or residential listings. If you don't see anything, call them and ask to talk with an agent. Tell them what you are looking for. Ask them to email you with any new listings they might receive. Do this with every agency you locate on the Internet.

Keep checking the sites yourself. Check everyday. Try looking on Pennswoods Classifieds. You might find something there.

Remember, the seller pays all commissions, not the buyer. It doesn't cost you anything to talk to a real estate agent.

Good luck.

Itís funny until somebody gets hurt, then itís hilarious
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Frequent Contributor

Looked at a lot of camps. The best are touching fed. or state land or really close.Because that hopefully won't change.Looked at some nice camps but not nice around them. At first didn't like idea of ranger inspecting camp but makes for well kept camps. Found camp on pennswoods.com. Love the area A.N.F.

camp in A.N.F.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have a couple up my way in orbisonia. 11 acres with a trailer for 59K and 2 acres with a cabin for 39K, 5 acres with cabin for 49K, it needs work. I like to use JGR.com. you can type in location and price range and sort thru it.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith
Looked at a lot of camps. The best are touching fed. or state land or really close.Because that hopefully won't change.Looked at some nice camps but not nice around them. At first didn't like idea of ranger inspecting camp but makes for well kept camps. Found camp on pennswoods.com. Love the area A.N.F.
That may be the best for some, but not all. Buying a cabin on a small plot bordering, or with good access, to large public holdings is very appealing to some. For me, I didn't want to border public land. What you chose can be a very cost effective way of getting access to thousands of acres.
I chose to spend money on land I could manage myself. Clearly it limits the area I have to roam.
My main point is what's best is a personal choice, and luckily we are all free to make that choice.

I miss my hunting partner
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks Bucksnort... Do you have phone numbers or message me how there so I can go check them out. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page