SE Tioga Co. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

SE Tioga Co.

Was just wondering if anyone has a camp in blossburg or morris run area. I know there is a bunch of state ground out in fall brook. However was interested if anyone hunted the state ground near taylor run or going towards ogdensburg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: SE Tioga Co.

I have hunted it a lot in the past. One of the biggest bucks taken in Pa. came out of state land on Taylor Run in the 1990's. The man who killed it is very modest and will not have it scored. If you are willing to put miles on your boots, you have a chance there at trophy bucks. The GC sometimes opens the upper gates there, then its a free for all when all the lazies can drive all the way in. Some of the locals years ago used to go to the gates at 3am Sunday night and relock them so the masses could not drive in there Monday morning. The WCO there at the time carried bolt cutters !

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

I was up in the first week of november for the first time. It was a really cool area where I was anyway. Definately going to check it back out next friday and saturday for the first day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 01:01 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have a camp around Blossburg & although I have not oersonaly hunted there, many I know have & yes there is very good deer hunting up at Taylor run.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 02:44 AM

Gentlemen,
Use to be some fine Grouse hunting up Taylor Run also,
take your Gun dog and check it out.
Pine Creek/Dave

Never care about what other people believe, be strong and walk in the way of the Lord.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Seen five different grouse the last time I was up there with three different flushes. Couldn't get a shot at any off them. HAHA
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 01:13 PM

BamBam,
Living far north in Potter/Tioga like I do, I get to Taylors Run very sparingly there are other places like Tayors Run in both Tioga and Potter County, some are private land and some state. In my opinion the flush rate map is a might off when it comes to Tioga County (2011 Flush Rate 1.72) because much of the private land flush rate is not reported or under reported on purpose. In reality the Tioga Flush Rate should probably be about 2.8 - 2.9 per Hour Min, in isolated spots above 3.0.
Pine Creek/Dave

Never care about what other people believe, be strong and walk in the way of the Lord.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Part of the Community

bambam. my family and a few others have a camp past morris run a few miles. ill let u in on my experience there. been hunting there since 1985 when i was 12.we used to hunt the section of tioga sf northeast of morriss run for years in rifle season. did pretty good. then came concurrent seasons.....now we drive 45 minites to hunt deer.my brother and i used to see more buck than doe the last week of archery season. we killed some nice mountain bucks up there. the last few years we hunted near home in archery season. had more sucess at home.sad to say. but the truth. we are plannin on a week of archery at camp next year to try it again. i miss archery hunting at camp....my .02 cents.i was plesently surprised at some of the deer sign i saw 1st day of rifle season...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page