camp or land for sale - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

camp or land for sale

Hey guys I'm looking for a place of my own to buy, either a small piece of land or a small camp that borders state game lands here in Pa or in northern west virginia for my son and I to call our own and start making new memories. So I figured that this would be a good place to put out some feelers. Thanks for any input, Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 06:01 PM

Re: camp or land for sale

Hey, no butting in line! I'm first. Seriously, good luck. We are looking as well...can't wait to find the right place to take my family.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

There is a thread here on the forum directing people to view camps and land that other people have found for sale.
Another idea is check with the real estate companies in the area that you're looking for. Get on their mailing list. A simple call to the company,telling them what you want and what you're willing to pay gets you on the email list. They don't make money unless they sell.
The other is what I call "chair time" Getting in your car and driving the backroads in search for that piece of heaven.
I bought my property with it only on the selling block for 3 days.
Finding property that actually adjoins game lands or state property is not an easy find. When you do, it's not cheap. You might want to think about good property within close proximity of hunting lands. Nothing wrong with driving for 10 minutes to a good spot. Besides, if the game your looking for is not there, you're gonna drive anyway.
There are a lot of factors that you need to look at. One is your driving time to the location. Next is access. Not all roads get plowed in the winter. Another is the possibility of creature comforts. As you get older, that hot shower and flush toilet goes a long way, as does with your spouse. Another is cost.
I narrowed my search down to a certain township that I hunted for a number of years and knew the area. It took time and a little luck. And a few extra $$$$ lying around waiting for the right purchase. Land is non renewable, so when the opportunity presents itself, not snooze or you will loose.

Big D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

My father and. Have been looking at cabins in West Virginia for the last year and a half and probaly put upto 2000 mile driving back and forth but our cabin we have now isn't selling as fast as we hoped so I'm going to try and buy on my own so money is a little limited but I promised my son we would have our own place just have to find one in my range in money and within 2-3 hour drive so we can use it as much as we can for all seasons mainly deer and turkey.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page