DAILY CHARGE FOR 1st WEEK OF DEER CAMP.... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

DAILY CHARGE FOR 1st WEEK OF DEER CAMP....

We will have three new guest hunters at our camp this year. They asked what the charge would be per day. We will serve 3 meals per day they will stay and hunt maybe 6 days...never been in this situation to charge before
just need a feeler on what other camps do. Thanks

WHERE HAS THE "MAD TRAPPER" ALBERT JOHNSON BEEN?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 05:07 PM

Re: DAILY CHARGE FOR 1st WEEK OF DEER CAMP....

we always split cost of food by number of guys there, no upcharge.
as far as camp fees, as long as they helped out with clean up and chores, it was never more than $10/day.

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

We also split the cost of food by number of guys in camp, and its $3 per day which all the money goes into a pot for supplies(propane, toilet paper, paper plates, etc.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 05:40 PM

I split the food, propane, supplies and a small fee for electric amoung all the guys (some how my son gets out of his share LOL) but every body who buys puts in their receipt and seems every body donates something. We are not real formal just want to be fair to ever on and when it is all said and done only comes to about 60 bucks for 5 days at camp (alcohol not included) this year since we had a big project and had a lot of help I am not charging any one but that will be a fight also I already know! as long as it is fair noboby cares.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Sage

I have been a guest for 3 yeers at a camp and they charge $35. per day for members and guests, seems fair enough helps with food, gas, elect, taxes and whatever else
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My guests have so much fun at camp I may start charging $500 a night...

Do your Sportin' in Wharton
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Banned

If your inviting them as a guest....why charge them to stay there then?..your the one opening your door to your camp to let someone else come there and hunt...Why not split the gas to get there..split food prices..drink prices etc...no sense and charging for a place to sleep when you can all contribute to what your eating and drinking....common sense
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 06:24 PM
The Man

divide food evenly, and 5.00 a day for where i am a guest at bear camp. Seems fair enough. As stated before you earn your keep as well, by helping with dishes. We are old school though and the younger guys get more chores, where the old guys can relax. I can live with that. And if they don't volunteer to help, don't ask them back up.

Proud member of Gobblers Anonymous Support Group [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Frequent Contributor

common sense? take it you don't get to many camps often.Many of the big woods camps are owned by a large membership and a lot of them getting invited to hunt as a guest is to see how you fit in with other members chores,hunting style personalities if your a cheap scat and wont help pitch in a couple of bucks for beer most times they are sizing you up for a membership and even so every camp has taxs and repairs to make every year and for someone to ask for a couple of bucks to help of set the cost I don't feel its a big deal if $100 is to much to ask for someone to hunt and eat for a week it could be time to buy your own cabin
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesroost
common sense? take it you don't get to many camps often.Many of the big woods camps are owned by a large membership and a lot of them getting invited to hunt as a guest is to see how you fit in with other members chores,hunting style personalities if your a cheap scat and wont help pitch in a couple of bucks for beer most times they are sizing you up for a membership and even so every camp has taxs and repairs to make every year and for someone to ask for a couple of bucks to help of set the cost I don't feel its a big deal if $100 is to much to ask for someone to hunt and eat for a week it could be time to buy your own cabin
You can read..yes common sense... and I do get to quite a few different camps throughout the state

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page