Out Building - Storage/Pavilion - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Out Building - Storage/Pavilion

The wife and I keep throwing around the idea of putting up an out building/pavilion at our camp. Camp is currently an A-Frame Log 24x48 with front porches. I don't have any storage so I have to haul everything back and forth with each visit. Live 140 miles from home away from home and would like to be able to keep some tools and supplies.

We were also thinking about a pavilion so I'm thinking that we may be able to build a structure that would meet both needs....shed on one end and pavilion on the other.

has anyone in this group done such a thing? We have 17 acres of ground so the size will not matter but I'd like to put up one structure that meets both so we don't litter the property with buildings.

Anyone have an pictures of what they have done?

One Shot...One Kill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Out Building - Storage/Pavilion

yep. i built a 20x30 pavillion a few years ago. actually i rebuilt an old carport my dad had built in the 80's into a pavillion. it already had a 6x6 walk-in cooler on one end with a tap system and it is used mainly for storage unless i am running a keg. it is the best thing i have ever done at my camp. i have been slowly improving it over the past couple years. i started putting a kitchen in there with a stove and sink and counter tops. i have it furnished with sturdy, yet comfortable office chairs and a "pleather" lazyboy that can withstand some moisture when the wind blows a little rain underneath. i put a corrugated metal roof on it and a gravel floor.

one word of advice, go big. 20x30 is a nice size because you can sit out there in a downpour and not get wet. the only time any moisture comes in is if the rain is coming sideways and even then it doesn't hit the very middle.

i store my mower, wheelbarrow, etc under there along with the lawn furniture and bikes.

go for it. you will love it

My diploma is a DD Form 214
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 02:19 PM

Question: why a pavillion for storage and not a shed? I just a thought about locking. But a pavillion is a great idea hope my next project.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

I'm looking for a shed attached to a pavilion. I am picturing a 20' x 32' structure...8x20 would be a "shed" and the other 20' x 24' would be pavilion...all under one roof.

One Shot...One Kill
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 PM

Gotcha! To many crooks not to lock up the tools (heck they don't want tools that means work) but they even broke into my locked shed took everything but the tools WOW!

Great idea though storage and a place to get out of the rain and work on the lawn tractor.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Sage

Get one of those utility buildings built to your specs...12x20 make the first 8 ft shed and leave a 12x12 pavilion for picnic table, they'll build anything you want..
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgehunter
Gotcha! To many crooks not to lock up the tools (heck they don't want tools that means work) but they even broke into my locked shed took everything but the tools WOW!

Great idea though storage and a place to get out of the rain and work on the lawn tractor.
Last year I found the lock missing from the under the porch storage area. The only thing missing was the lock, I guess the didn't want manually powered tools!

4th Generation @ Kamp.

3D - There are STILL a few deer left! You need to pry them out of the developments!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

For the shed, I'd say block or poured concrete walls with steel doors and jambs that have locks built into the doors - no padlocks and hasps. Should minimize break-in's, but even block are only a sledgehammer away from going away. Put it on one end of the pavilion. Metal roofs are the way to go for such things nowadays with costs being what they are - they last quite a while with no maintenance.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 10:30 AM

How about building a large pavillion and then just putting a shed on skids under it. Your could pull it out and have the full sized pavillion again if you ever decided you needed the space back. It's a better idea to me than enclosing part of it for a shed.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Frequent Contributor

We have about the same set up, an A-frame and needed storage. Went to the farm show and couldn't pass up the deal. Bought it, had it delivered for less than I could pay for material. Very happy with it.....nice people to deal with. If interested, pm me and I'll give you his info.

Are we at camp yet?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page