Flag rules - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Flag rules

Wow. I didn't know of all these rules with the flag. What should i do? We are in violation of 2. 2 trees overtook our flag pole so i moved it a couple of years ago. It now stands to the right of the front door which is a violation. The kids also put it up as soon as we weget there and take it down when we leave. It is not illuminated at night. What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Banned

Re: Flag rules

No one is going to arrest you, the rules are to be respectful to the flag. I surely would not allow the sun to set on the flag, if the kids put it up they can sure take it down before sunset.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 05:14 PM

I would continue to fly the colors with the respect and dignity that it deserves, and that I could reasonably give. What I would not do is not fly the flay in an attempt to answer to the letter of the law that would, in your case, be restrictive to the spirit of intent.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 05:54 PM

Mine is to the right of the front door - actually at the front right corner of the house, and that's exactly where it is going to stay. Why would location matter? If you are dedicated to the USA enough to display the flag, who should care where it is?

By the way, a lot of people think we are VERY patriotic because we raise a large flag. Not that we are 'not' patriotic, but the size isn't a barometer on our patriotism. It's just a big flag we had from the casket of my wife's late husband...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 PM

As a scoutmaster for 10+ years, this stuff was drilled into my head many times and I still make mistakes with the flag myself.

The right left thing applies when there is another flag present. The flag should always be on it's right to all other flags and flown highest of all flags.

It should be illuminated if you leave it out at night.

Lots of people make little mistakes quite innocently and there are no flag police to my knowledge but it is our most important symbol and deserves the little bit of effort it takes to do it right!

For anyone who wants to know, here are the US laws regarding our flag.

http://www.senate.gov/reference/reso...df/RL30243.pdf

Life Member of NRA, Tall Tine outfitters, and life member of UBP.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

We always fly the flag when we are at camp. Day and night. Left or right. Lights or no lights. Our wonderful country allows us to hang out in our crappy little cabins, drink beer, catch fish, and kill stuff without much bother! God Bless America

Do your Sportin' in Wharton
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 AM

Love this country try to be as respectful as possible to the flag sometimes don't get it right but at least I (we) try!

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 01:23 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigstyconrad
We always fly the flag when we are at camp. Day and night. Left or right. Lights or no lights. Our wonderful country allows us to hang out in our crappy little cabins, drink beer, catch fish, and kill stuff without much bother! God Bless America
Ther ya go....and I agree......I would much rather see someone flying there flag and being proud....even if it breaks a few protocals........than seeing some [censored] burn it !!!!!

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Good, thank you. It will continue to fly proudly on route 6 when we are there. Stop in or beep as you go by.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page