First trip to camp in 10 months - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

First trip to camp in 10 months

Finally had a free weekend to go up to camp. What a stress reliever! Never even took the bow or muzzle-loader out of the truck. I was just enjoying being at camp. Cut some wood, fed some squirrels and drank a few on the porch. Maybe next weekend I'll hunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: First trip to camp in 10 months

That's my idea of STRESS RELIEF!!! I am right there with you. Last weekend I got to camp, unloaded my bags, Opened a few brews, then built a fire in the wood stove once the sun went down. PERFECT weekend.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Sage

Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I had a nice Saturday. Managed to hunt 5 hours in the am after getting out there b/4 sun up.

Came back and got out the rake and discovered someone had beaten the lock off the stoage door under the porch...

GRR...

but they must have not understood how to operate MANUAL tools as nothing was taken but the lock...

After raking the leaves back from the building, I got the ladder to tie up the electric line to the Privy. A branch fell on it and yanked the insulator out of the wood. I tied it off w/ nylon to get it up so you do not walk into it.

While the ladder was out, I lowered the TV antenna and popped off the Radio Shack amplifier and hooked the converter box direct to the antenna and got a few channels. After getting another converter box; it was the amp after all. The radio was getting old!

Then I took the axe and split some fire wood to fill the wood box since someone stole all I had split!

Somewhere in there I ate lunch and cleaned up the dishes before going back out around 3:30 just behind camp...

The wind was swirling and 2 doe winded me and ran off. Then a buck came back down the same trail and we had a staring contest. He was watching my 'alien eyes' as I had my avatior sun glasses on while I was staring at his one long spike.

He was a big deer w/ alot of grey on his face. His front knees appeared to be almost white...

I hope he walks by my cousin's son this season.

It was a great day in the woods, I also got camp a bit more ready for the rest of the season and I saw 6 deer.

I went home tired and happy!

4th Generation @ Kamp.

3D - There are STILL a few deer left! You need to pry them out of the developments!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

3 of us and a lab went to camp for grouse and deer. Saw the usual does and spikes on friday, buddy had 2 yotes trotting past his stand at 4;30 but did not get a shot. Sat am was 28degrees saw a few does and small bucks. Went grouse hunting 10-3pm. We walked a few miles ,dog did 15 miles. No flushes except 1 when we were resting and grouse fluhed when all guns were at rest! Sat nite deer hunt Buddy was in my stand for a change of scenery and he saw 2 of the biggest bucks we have on trail cam pics . 1 is a huge 7point and the other is a big 8pt. Closest they came was 45 yards with 30mph winds and a shooting lane that was blocked by swaying saplings. He was not comfortable with the shot so he passed,GROAN! Also managed to finish bolting a tripod stand together(never again) and moving it to our lower meadow 500yards away(never moving it again) Came home last night very tired but content

"Lazy people think of the easy way to do the hard stuff"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

After being rained on most of the day I am really wishing I was back at camp. Come on Friday!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page