I have an idea, is it crazy? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I have an idea, is it crazy?

I have been looking at camps for the last two weeks with the hope of buying my own place. I am a cash buyer cause i just bought a house about a year ago and dont want a second mortgage. I have been thinking that it may be cheaper to buy a nice trailer and buy like an acre of land with utilities. Is this possible? I would like to put the trailer on the land and then build onto it. I am not sure if this is able to be done or not. I know i am asking alot of questions i just figure you camp owners have alot more knowledge than i do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 11:59 PM

Re: I have an idea, is it crazy?

youll have to get the utilities hooked up, and as for everything else whatever floats your boat, but if theres alot of other people being there, a trailer maybe be small but if its just you or 3 other friends maybe
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

All camps started as a empty piece of dirt, anything is possible

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Right now our camp consist of 3 people. I figure i have seen some really nice priced 30fts on craigslist. If i buy the land and the trailer and then just build on it as money allows. Hopefully someday it will end up being a great camp with a lot of stories behind it. I just didnt know if it would work or not
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

We bought our camp 2yrs ago and only have elec. Bought an old motor home for $600 . found it at a commercial campground. Lots of campers to be found for sale there. A little old and worn but cheap. Problem was it ok for 2 but tite for guest. We then bought a lightly used 32' camper. Works great. can have 4 guest easily. We are planning to build in the next 10yrs or so so it should last ok

"Lazy people think of the easy way to do the hard stuff"
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yeah you can. My neighbor did that. It was pretty nice. I have a trailer with a slide out now that can sleep 7 no problem. I mean it isn't great, but for something to hunt out of it is just fine. Running water, electric, land line, it all works just fine. Just take care of the roof!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I have found the trailers for the right price now i just have to find one lot of land. I am not looking for lots cause we have places to hunt. I am looking to do this in outside of tionesta somewhere. Probably wont happen till the spring but i figure start preparing now.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 01:24 PM
New Arrival

My family camp actually started as a friends cabin that my grandparents would go to for a couples get away. The original owner decided to sell and thankfully my grandpap decided to buy. In the 22 years we have owned it we have tripled the size of the camp. You can have any type,kind,size of camp you want as long as you have some good buddies and family who will come lend a hand and enough patience to attempt to complete all of you projects
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 03:11 PM

What area are you looking at? There was a nice little camp listed in this forum on the outer edge of the ANF recently
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 PM

My friend bought land and did this for his camp. Bought a fullsizied office type trailer. No running water or elecrtric which is a weak point. but refurbished with new and larger windows an indoor bathroom with a shower and tub you just have to heat the water on the stove and put in a jug. works just great. flapper toilet dump water in it to send the brown down. has 2 100 lb propane tanks and has propane operated lights, refrig and stove. run a radio off the car battery and inverter. it works. it is camp. get the land and start from there

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page