Back from three weeks at camp - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Back from three weeks at camp

I just had a run of bad luck between losing a job and the place I was renting (both with the same guy). So I just loaded up the wife and son and went to the cabin in Sullivan. At first I only planned on staying a week or two but ended up that I didn't come back "home" (whatever that means now) for three weeks. Best thing I could have done. We watched bears, deer, turkeys, hummingbirds, an eagle and lots of natures other forest critters. I worked on projects such as cleaning up and painting and fixing things that were broke. What I gained from the experience was peace and a peace of mind. PA's northcentral woods is a wonderful medicine. During the week things would have been completely tranquil if not for all the trucks with Texas plates and the helicopters flying stuff in for all the fracking activities. Oh well nothing I can do about that. But I had never spent so much time upstate without coming home and I have to say I feel much better for having done it. I sure got a lot more out of this experience than just going up Friday and coming home Sunday has ever given me. Now I know if given the opportunity I could live up there. I didn't even manage to miss Leb. co. in those three weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Back from three weeks at camp

I guess you didn't manage to find a job while you were up there. That's my dream, find a job up around camp and never come back.

Good luck on the job hunt moose.

Free Madcatter!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 PM

Yeah Moose you are just to the south of the heart of all the drilling. With a little bit of time you should be able to find something with a gas company or one of the industry's support companies. They pay well. You should look into it and make the dream of living up north come true.

Honesty is my only excuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM

Moose,
long beard is right, lots of jobs in our area now with the Fracking going on, good luck with your search.
Pine Creek/Dave

Never care about what other people believe, be strong and walk in the way of the Lord.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beard
Yeah Moose you are just to the south of the heart of all the drilling. With a little bit of time you should be able to find something with a gas company or one of the industry's support companies. They pay well. You should look into it and make the dream of living up north come true.
They won't hire him unless he has a southern drawlllll. Wish they would start training and hiring some locals instead of transplants from the south.....might make their destruction a little more bearable.

John Adams - "One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress."
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM

rd... They aren't hiring only southerners. esp the support companies. Any local or transplant willing to work the hours, work hard and learn the craft is hired on. My cousin, bro inlaw and brother all live in northern Potter and all work in the industry so the wind you are blowing is far from the truth. It seems that everyone up there I talk to that WANTS to work can have a good paying job in the industry. I know fellas that started jobs worked a week, quit & took a different job with someone else worked there 3 or 4 weeks quit and went with another company. All without missing a beat. Good help is hard to find and if you are good and want to work hard, work isn't hard to find.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Man I wish I could spend 3 weeks at camp, that would be awesome

If we want to discuss gas wells or gas company jobs there is a separate forum for that, this is about 3 wonderful weeks at camp

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:28 PM

Sounds like 3 weeks at camp was just what the doctor ordered. I know when i head to camp it clears my head of the stuff going on at home while i'm there. Good luck with the job search.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 AM

not trying to Tater. Just trying to give Moose some pointers.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Understood just want to keep it heading in the right direction, gas leases tend to get people riled up, I don't think this is a post for that.

3 weeks at camp would be awesome and defiantly clear the mind

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page