McKean Co. Camps - Page 181 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1801 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 11:39 AM
Part of the Community

We could definately do that. I love the Westline Inn. I have actually taken my wife there for Valentines dinner the last 4 years. Most people don't know but they have an excellent dinner atmosphere and menu. Plus the beers and drinks always taste better when they are served in the ANF. It's getting hard to concentrate at work since I'll be leaving to head North into the mountains in two days!
bigguy54 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Part of the Community

Westline is always a stop for a cold one and a sandwich while doing some angling on the main branch! Good food and friendly folks. I can NOT wait to get up there. This year we will have a smaller than ideal bear gang. If any of you guys will be up and want to get some drives in on one or multiple days we are all in. Camp is right next to Grey Bills. We scored on 3 bear two years ago, all at Jakes Rocks, but now that they put bike trails and killed all the laurel in "the circle" one of our go to spots is out

Shots that are true, Pass right through!

Can I getta BOOYAA?
post #1803 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Regular Visitor

Does the Westline still have the seafood buffet on the first Friday of each month????

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE - SOMEONE PAID!!! ALL GAVE SOME - SOME GAVE ALL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1804 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoman View Post
Does the Westline still have the seafood buffet on the first Friday of each month????
I don't think they have had the sea food buffet for a few years now. They also quit the leekfest ( Turned into a bunch of drunks) Nothing remains the same even if you try to keep it the same. Thanks and Be Safe.

camp in A.N.F.
post #1805 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Part of the Community

Well I was able to get it done on Wednesday after work. Took the bow for a walk and had this guy just appear and really not care I was there while putting a sneak on a flock of Turkey (Yes I left my orange on). Not my best buck, but my best with a bow and a memorable hunt. First deer behind my first house.

Bittersweet because now I wont be able to rifle hunt up at camp. But on the other hand, I already asked my dad if he would sit in my spot, the same spot that my grandfather hunted up until his passing and the same spot that my dad took me to when I was finally old enough to go to camp with the guys for buck. It has been 15 years since we sat together on an opener, so I will pack the snacks, the camera, the TP and hope to make some more memories with the ole man this year. In the meantime, I still have a few doe tags, a bear tag and thunder chicken tags to fill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4299.jpg (270.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4296.jpg (261.7 KB, 15 views)
bigguy54, kudu58, bobdoo and 2 others like this.

Shots that are true, Pass right through!

Can I getta BOOYAA?
post #1806 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

NOT MCKEAN COUNTY however, I just talked to a coon hunter buddy of mine from Tioga County. His neighbor got a bear live weight 865 lbs with a crossbow. He was doing an orchard owner a favor promising to take some deer off his land when this big boy showed up. Used a piece of heavy equipment to remove it from the orchard and weighed him before field dressing. Bet he was happy he bought a bear license !!! I asked for pictures we will see if any are available. He told me the guy was trying to keep quiet about it so no one but the PGC would bother him about it.

Home Of Coonhound Will's Creek Savage Sioux-Zee...
post #1807 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hey everyone, been kinda quite this fall rom Ole Clearcut. I have been on the road since sept 9th working in Texas and Now florida for the Storm Cleanup. Have 400 Guys working for me 24/7. Got some sad news, this year will be the first year since 1998 that I wont be in McKean for Bear season... Shedding tears right now. Good news is I will be home thanksgiving day and off till the 12th of December. Been rough Being away from the Wife and son for so long. God thing about todays tech, Facetime keeps me going everyday after I see my Boy.. good luck to all the Bear guys and be safe. Will be at Cabin the Saturday before deer for the Annual have a few to many night!!!
Rob
tunadawg, bobdoo and PENS52 like this.

Life is good when your Phone says No Signal!!
post #1808 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 03:22 PM

Hi Rob. It was a good rut week hunt this year. My son Luke got an 8 point and we had one miss. The 10 Point Club got a 9 point and a 6 point. Most of us saw several bucks chasing does hard, but out of range. We also saw 2 bears. Good luck for rifle season!

Scott

This is who we are. This is what we do.
post #1809 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Part of the Community

Tomorrow night at 4:30 I'll turn this here computer off and begin another 2 week debauchery at camp in Norwich township. Several days of New York deer and PA bear, another couple days with the geese on Thanksgiving and Friday, then back to camp for NY deer on Saturday then PA buck. I started deer hunting in PA in 1970, and am still like a kid getting ready to get to camp. I imagine at some point one of the boys will be successful, if the scouting and trail camera's footage holds true. If not, I can think of nothing better than being at camp with a bunch of like minded guys working together. This year starts the 71st season that we have owned the camp, its also the 84th year that my grandfather made the trek to McKean county via a train to Emporium then with a horse and buggy to a friend that put them up for the week. The traditions continue....................
bigguy54, tunadawg and ANF Native like this.
post #1810 of 2036 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 02:15 PM
New Arrival

Good luck Goosechaser, We have a camp in Norwich Twp as well. small world. Saw allot of good bucks up there this year as well as a number of bears and countless coyotes!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page