Water Line ROW - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Water Line ROW

Guess this is ok to post here?

Our Hunting Camp was approached by an Oil & Gas company to lease a ROW thru our property to run a Water Line and use our River frontage to pump water out of the River about 3 miles up to the gas wells they are drilling.
When they need to Frack a well the flexible, 12 inch diameter Water Line would be "rolled out" over our 1,011 linear feet. After the well is fracked the water line would be "rolled back up." Total time for the water line to be used is 4-6 weeks per well fracked.
They would also have a "Transfer Pump" located at the Rivers edge on our property.

There's more details but my question is has anyone ever leased a Water Line ROW to an Oil& Gas company?
Yes, we do have a lawyer but can you negotiate with these boys for a better price than the initial offer? The offer is $7,500 initial signing bonus plus $10 a linear foot for the first roll out. After that it's $5 a linear foot every time they roll out the water line. After the initial 5 year lease expires it would automatically renew with an extended signing bonus of $5,000.
Other than the usual noise and access issues are there any drawbacks that might occur?
Just trying to make sure we have all our bases covered. All suggestions are welcome!

The solid blue line is where the Water Line would enter our property, that's our camp in the middle of the pic.

And this is where the Transfer Pump would be located.

I've spent most of my money on Waterfowling, Women and Whiskey.
The rest of my money I just wasted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 11:22 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Just me, I would pass on the deal myself. Not worth the disturbance it will cause, jmo.
JJ4D likes this.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 11:41 AM

What is their plan for crossing what appears to be a road parallel to the river ? Will they be cutting trees, etc. within the right-of-way ?

R.I.P. WCO Dave Grove ... You will never be forgotten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 01:38 PM

Looks like DCNR, railroad and posibly Grugan twp. if they own the road or is that DCNR? will also be involved as the well will probably be on DCNR land. It's been a while since I was up that way but they will probably want to cut trees along the road which might be a good thing to let some sun into the hollow along the road. Looks to be an initial $15,000 with additional in the future. Me, I"d do it. You probably don't hunt on your property anyway and the gas companies will probably improve your road and the access road up to Hyner or down from the top of the mountain.
Pa-Plinker likes this.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-Plinker View Post
What is their plan for crossing what appears to be a road parallel to the river ? Will they be cutting trees, etc. within the right-of-way ?
That's the RR Tracks and Grugan Twp dirt road running parallel to the River. The plan is to drill under the RR Tracks.
Cutting trees will happen but that doesn't bother us.

Last edited by Goosehunter; 04-25-2020 at 02:50 PM.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47studebaker View Post
Looks like DCNR, railroad and posibly Grugan twp. if they own the road or is that DCNR? will also be involved as the well will probably be on DCNR land. It's been a while since I was up that way but they will probably want to cut trees along the road which might be a good thing to let some sun into the hollow along the road. Looks to be an initial $15,000 with additional in the future. Me, I"d do it. You probably don't hunt on your property anyway and the gas companies will probably improve your road and the access road up to Hyner or down from the top of the mountain.
The Wells are being drilled on private land (used to be called the Ponderosa) but the Water Line will cross over State Forest land and then unto our land. There's also that little stretch of private land along the RR Tracks that is marked as Myer's.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 03:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I would check on what they are offering DCNR-- I'll bet for a fact that they aren't "settling" for any "automatic renewels, or reduced fees for each additional use.

Wishing I was at camp!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittingguru View Post
I would check on what they are offering DCNR-- I'll bet for a fact that they aren't "settling" for any "automatic renewels, or reduced fees for each additional use.
Thanks for the reply, that's a good idea and I'll see if I can get that info.
timberdoodle likes this.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 09:41 PM
New Arrival

Keep in mind that waterline will likely be in place for years. There will be a loud pump running 24/7 when they need water and there will be trucks coming and going for fuel, monitoring, maintenance etc. It will impact your privacy at camp and being familiar with the area your in I would think that matters. I wonder if the gas activity is motivation for DCNR to do the road work and bridge replacement above your camp?
blackpowder and JJ4D like this.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 10:50 PM

Seems to me that if you don't go along with the Oil & Gas Company offer, they may just run the water line entirely on the adjoining DCNR land, which may result in disturbing your privacy without any compensation to your hunt club.
JJ4D and Dukehunter3 like this.

R.I.P. WCO Dave Grove ... You will never be forgotten.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page