Camp Fire Insurance - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Camp Fire Insurance

Had our first meeting of the year and decided to get some competitive prices for our camp insurance. Can any of you McKean County guys give me the name(s) of local agents in the Port Allegany area who insure camps. Thanks. Dirty Dozen

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE - SOMEONE PAID!!! ALL GAVE SOME - SOME GAVE ALL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 05:25 PM

I use FOREMOST, they specialize in camps and mobile homes. They cover a large area. I just had my 2nd claim in 41 years and they were pretty easy to deal with and settled fast.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 05:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Check with Millville Insurance. Sorry Capt Rudy but Foremost is so bad. I had told you before about our claim issue with a lighting strike they didn't cover and now that we live at camp full time, they raised our rate over $300 a year more. Millville gave us the same coverage for $200 less per year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

try Farmers Insurance in Galeton, Pa. the office is Wm. Karschner & son. phone number is 814-435- 6524.
Dogface likes this.

Last edited by NorthernPotterCo; 03-04-2020 at 04:34 AM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 09:07 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernPotterCo View Post
try Farmers Insurance in Galeton, Pa. the office is Wm. Karschner & son. phone number is 814-435- 6524.
I have Farmer's through a local agent and have zero complaints. I also had a lightening strike claim two years ago. They sent an agent out and shortly after I had a check for the damage. No hassle.

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 09:24 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
I have Farmer's through a local agent and have zero complaints. I also had a lightening strike claim two years ago. They sent an agent out and shortly after I had a check for the damage. No hassle.
We had a lighting strike but didn't find everything at once and Foremost made us file a claim for everything separate, never meeting our $500 deductible. It took out the water heater, stove, and furnace. It wasn't until the furnace guy was here that told us about the strike. We had the bills for new appliances but since the dates weren't at the same time, they made us file separate claims. The furnace was $539 and I was so upset with them I just ate it. Now they just raised it $300 more per year because we live here full time. I'm not paying almost $1000 a year for coverage. Millville did it for $501.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 12:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

There is a Karschner and Son insurance office right in Coudersport. I went through them and got Millville Mutual for my camp in Potter County. They are right on North Main Street.
NorthernPotterCo likes this.

Wishing I was at camp!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 01:40 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

come to think about it , we have it thru Karschner in Galeton. don`t know what made me say Farmers unless they do several different companies. never had a claim or any problem with them. reasonable prices as well.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 01:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Camp Fire Insurance?
For a brief second I thought oh Geez, I need insurance to sit around a Camp Fire? (lol)

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 01:45 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1 View Post
It took out the water heater, stove, and furnace. It wasn't until the furnace guy was here that told us about the strike.
I lost the well pump, frig and freezer. The pump repairman said it was a lightening strike and I called Farmer's. When the insurance guy came out he checked the freezer and that was gone. I had never thought to check the freezer. BTW the bears ate good for a few days.

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in