Response to Lugnuts post. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Response to Lugnuts post.

Sorry to hear about your incident, you always have great pics and stories and I hope you will reconsider your decision to stop. Maybe it was a hater that turned you in or maybe the PGC and the DEP do patrol this site. Being a street cop I too turn to alternate investigative methods, but I am one to look at all sides of the story.

I have seen your posts with you fishing with your daughters, hunting with friends and putting in an honest days work at camp. This would lead me to believe that you are more than likely a good, honest hardworking guy. I would have tracked you down via phone, mailing or possibly at your camp. I would talk to you about what you did and explain that there was a complaint and I addressed it. There would be no citation(s) just some advice to watch what you do. On the other hand had you been a repeat offender, ignorant, lazy, never worked a day in your life type person, I would have explained the same to you, then taxed your [censored]! Im sure your none of those. I was once told by an officer I worked with that "an arrest is not always the solution to a problem or violation" and I whole heartedly believe that. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck.

COUNTRY TILL I DIE

TR FISHIN4CUTTS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:10 PM

Re: Response to Lugnuts post.

He is not the victim here. Being a general contractor and an outdoorsman you would think he would have a little more respect for the environment and know what you can and cannot burn. Fires like this emit many nasty chemicals and particles into the air. Every little fire adds up to be a big problem. You "Old School" guys need to grow up.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

here we go again

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

nothing better than a tire fire on a saturday nite. Dont worry about these guys lugnut, they think their [censored] dont stink.

Mathews DXT
HHA sight
Quick Tune 3000
Beaman 340
2 Blade Rage

TC venture .270 win.
Bushnell Elite 3200
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATERDAVID
here we go again

YEP!!

“If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.”
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Im not gonna use this site to argue law or politics. All I meant was the guy made a mistake and I think a verbal warning would have been sufficient. Someone always has to stir the pot. Rock on Lugnut!

COUNTRY TILL I DIE

TR FISHIN4CUTTS

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I will burn a sofa in Lugnuts honor the next time I visit camp...I just don't know where I will sit for the rest of the week, but it will be worth it!

Do your Sportin' in Wharton
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsbucknut
He is not the victim here. Being a general contractor and an outdoorsman you would think he would have a little more respect for the environment and know what you can and cannot burn. Fires like this emit many nasty chemicals and particles into the air. Every little fire adds up to be a big problem. You "Old School" guys need to grow up.
With your attitude that little bit of nasty stuff in the air is not what you should be spending your time worrying about.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 01:54 PM

burn baby burn
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Just can't stay off this one! Old School has nothing to do with it. One thing the current generation of eco-friendlies needs to learn is, when a government agency tells you its raining, you better go stick your head out the window and check ! Just because someone somewhere says that outside burning is harmful does not mean its harmful to the point of endangering anyone. Yes its not pretty, yes it smells, thats about it. The whole point of these posts was that someone nailed him off of HPA, which prompted a good contributor to stop posting. I would feel different if an enforcement officer actually caught him in the act, but to be shang-haied off the web is ridiculous. Gotta run, I have to burn some old skidder tires before it quits raining!

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page