Haunted camps /ghost stories time again - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Potter Co. Joe
  • 2 Post By Potter Co. Joe

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Red face Haunted camps /ghost stories time again

it is getting close to Halloween ,lets get the stories going. the ones in the past were good ones .lets get it started
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

bump
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 08:15 PM
The Man

Last time I told a Ghost Story up at Camp around a Camp Fire nobody spoke to me the next morning.
NorthernPotterCo likes this.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 08:18 PM
The Man

The story was so good ( to long to get into ) that the next time I went out to Hunt in the morning I was Scared myself.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

that must have been a real good one. would like to ear it sometime
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Not exactly camp but still a good read, Thanks to Byrd074 for this.

about being scared while geting to stand [Re: delhunter] Byrd074 Byrd074

Loc: Lancaster Co.
Delhunter, not sure if it was me you were thinking of but i wrote this true story(with added affects)in the Spirit forum. If not the same one hope you get a full laugh from it....especially since this weekend is Halloween!!

Now i have a huge imagination and i love horror movies. Which might not be the best thing for a hunter who goes strolling around the woods in the darkness. But this happened to me this past Saturday so i thought i could share it with you guys plus add some touches of what goes through my mind at times. It seems the woods can be a bit eerie at times..........

“Whoa, what was that?” I say to myself as I am easing into position at the base of my tree. The moon is high and the clouds are thick, swiftly blowing across the sky in the pre-dawn darkness. I hear the crunch of a four-legged animal off in the distance. Or is it a hairy cross between man and mythical beast? A scene from The Howling enters my mind. In the distance I hear a train screeching, rumbling making such noises that I have never heard. Dogs have taken to the end of their chains, neck hairs on full alert only to run back into the safety of their lairs cowering from sense and smell. I slowly climb into my climber, taking one last look around the moonlit darkness. Shapes and figures appear to me as alien invaders as scary as the coat rack in my bedroom when I was boy. But of course they are just trees…….right?

I quickly ascend the tree knowing full well that Pumpkinhead is lurking just out of sight and waiting to attack at just the right moment. The blood begins to flow and adrenaline pumps as I am exposing my back to the world of the unknown, just waiting for the darkness to grab me. I finally reach the pinnacle of my ascent. I shine my head lamp down to the base of the tree fully expecting to see some ghoulish creature climbing up my rope. I yank on the rope to pull up my bow and bag and it does not budge. “What the world?” I say to myself. As I shine down I see a boney, crinkled old hand holding onto my bag. It won’t let go!! But alas, after a few yanks the old rotten branch gives way. Or did the creature just let go?

I sit in the dark listening for the sounds of other worlds that we all know lurk in the darkness. I remember my dad telling me as a boy, “There isn’t anything in the woods in the dark that isn’t there during the day.” But who is he to tell me what is real and unreal? So I sit and wait and wait for the horrible misshapen creatures to attack. I am ever ready, just waiting and waiting.

I hear the rustling in my bag. I think to myself what is that? Is it a leaf in the tree? No. It must be a vine or something swaying in the breeze. I listen harder and harder. It is coming from my backpack! No way can this be happening. Slowly I bring my pack around and place it in my lap. I see a shape moving under the material of the front pocket. Breathing heavily I slowly unzip the pocket. Of course it is going to be some sort of horrible evil that I unleash out of my bag. I take a deep breath and look inside for this fiendish creature to be unleashed into my world. The attack is inevitable. I am waiting for………for……for…………

For the evil field mouse that was munching on and old granola bar from Spring Turkey! Lord only knows how he got in there but he was there.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

very good story. I like hearing stories like that. could listen all day long. when we moved to Lancaster Co. . the salesman that worked for the company that the company my dad worked bought told us the house was haunted , never slept up stairs bedroom. never thought much about it until about 5 years ago ,when I was still working , my dad went to camp to mow and I was at home with mom , I was upstairs sleeping and was waking up to come down stairs , I felt something grab my one foot . turned on the light .nothing to be seen. talk about being creeped out , and it wasn't even Halloween

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page