What do you guys do for shower/toilet if no electric? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

What do you guys do for shower/toilet if no electric?

Hey guys, my camp doesn't have electricity...which I don't mind at all. We heat with propane or wood stove, have an outhouse, but no shower. I'm thinking about putting a "bucket shower" and toilet in the camp. Going to bury a holding tank which can be sucked out periodically. Just curious how some of you guys that might be in similar situations might be doing it. Propane shower units, etc...? Thanks, would love to hear what you got and see pics if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:33 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

We have propane at the camp that we use for lighting, and we also have a propane heater for taking showers. We have a pipe feeding from a spring that is gravity fed down hill, we turn on the water valve to the heating unit and instant hot water for a shower. Before using this unit we used to have a plastic drum on the 2nd floor above the shower. We would heat water on the stove or wood burner and fill up the plastic drum. A pipe was fed through the wall to the shower and a shutoff was on the shower end.

As kid, a shower at camp was a rarity, but as we got older, you would feel like a million bucks after taking a shower.
bohunr likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage

Yep, you have got to at least wash your boys. When your boys are clean you feel clean all over.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have a 5 Gal bucket with a showerhead mounted on it. Heat water on the wood cook stove, fill bucket, hang from porch and enjoy. I've done this during the late ML season, Its quite refreshing !!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:26 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

When we go up for winter..we dont turn on our water. We use a battery operated portable shower..heat water on stove and pour in bucket and insert pump..feels good and works wonderful

Come and try to take my guns!.you might meet my precious metal collection!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Buy a Zodi... they work great.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 12.38.57 PM.png (176.1 KB, 14 views)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:46 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

A 12V pump works well for 24/7 water if you have a supply tank or other source nearby. I've used the same Shurflo for many years, they are about $70.00. A small solar panel will keep the battery charged. You can hook your shower to a propane hot water on demand.

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
Buy a Zodi... they work great.
We used one of these. We had a shower tent. I had electric though. Then I built a shed, put a used shower stall in it it with a propane on demand water heater. Pumped water from the spring into a trashcan and then another pump from there into the shower. Was a nice little set up.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 12:53 AM

We have a 5 gallon bucket with a showerhead, one kettle of hot water and blend with some cold, turn on the shower head, wet up, shut off than lather up and rinse off.. sometimes I bring my battery operated pump, just set it in bucket with hot water and same deal. Feels great after driving all day.

Anybody can shoot deer on the farm ground....You earn it in the mountains.......
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 03:36 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslamsam View Post
Hey guys, my camp doesn't have electricity...which I don't mind at all. We heat with propane or wood stove, have an outhouse, but no shower. I'm thinking about putting a "bucket shower" and toilet in the camp. Going to bury a holding tank which can be sucked out periodically. Just curious how some of you guys that might be in similar situations might be doing it. Propane shower units, etc...? Thanks, would love to hear what you got and see pics if possible.
One option is buy a pump-up sprayer and attach a navy shower head (on-off button). Lather up...turn on the shower head to rinse. Repeat as needed. You would be surprised how little water is needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page