The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

New camp build

20K views 101 replies 31 participants last post by  ruger300 
#1 ·
Our new 16x24 cabin or shabin with a loft and 6 foot porch. We did all the land clearing with a skid loader and built the stone pad. The cabin was prebuilt and assembled on site. We will be finishing off the interior.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I suggest you get some hard screen maybe 1/4 or 1/2 openings and nail across the open ends at stone level. It will help keep the critters out but still be ventilated. Scrape the stone down a little to allow the screen down below the top then push the stone back in

#13 ·
We have electric to the property, so it will be wired. We plan on eventually drilling a well on the property, but for now we are going to set up an RV style water system. For heat, we purchased a small wood stove from tractor supply on sale last year. And we purchased a sun-mar composting toilet.

#23 ·
Straight up is the best. Pain in the butt to get sealed with metal, but that gives you the best draft and less issues. I ran single wall up to the ceiling and then ran stainless triple wall. If you do alot of searching on the internet, you can get some good deals on the triple wall. I think I ended up buying all the components from 3 different places to get the best deal.

#36 ·
Just a quick FYI, be careful trying to piece together stainless double or triple wall. Not all brands are compatible with others and they won't lock together. Ask me how I know.....

Reactions: Brent20
#32 ·
We pretty much have the entire cabin furnished which includes: couch and chair, stove/oven, microwave, fridge, compost toilet, full bed and mattress, and an a/c unit. All items were purchased off of Facebook marketplace which saved us a ton of money. All items combined under a thousand dollars. Pretty awesome considering one new compost toilet is $1785.

#33 ·
FB Market place is great!

jon boat & trailer, new trolling motor for the boat, sold the old trolling motor, found a NIB fish finder...trolling for a used outboard now...

#44 ·
Thanks. That’s not to far at all. I only live about 25 minutes from camp which makes it nice for short trips and for hunting. Sometimes I wish it was a bit farther away though. But once your there you feel like you’re in the middle of no where.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.