New camp build - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Always great to see cabin builds-- it's like watching someone's dreams come true.
shouldvbeenthere likes this.

Wishing I was at camp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Frequent Contributor

Awesome!

What are your plans for lights? Water? Heat? commode?
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerchaser View Post
Awesome!

What are your plans for lights? Water? Heat? commode?
We have electric to the property, so it will be wired. We plan on eventually drilling a well on the property, but for now we are going to set up an RV style water system. For heat, we purchased a small wood stove from tractor supply on sale last year. And we purchased a sun-mar composting toilet.
cspot likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent20 View Post
We have electric to the property, so it will be wired. We plan on eventually drilling a well on the property, but for now we are going to set up an RV style water system. For heat, we purchased a small wood stove from tractor supply on sale last year. And we purchased a sun-mar composting toilet.
Awesome!
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The only thing you've done wrong so far, is the fact that you only posted 6 pics! WE WANT MORE!!!!! Great looking place, I know you will enjoy it.

Wishing I was at camp!
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittingguru View Post
The only thing you've done wrong so far, is the fact that you only posted 6 pics! WE WANT MORE!!!!! Great looking place, I know you will enjoy it.
Ill post some more pictures through the process. Right now were framing up a couple walls for the downstairs bedroom and utility room. Its scheduled for spray foam in a week or so.
Hittingguru likes this.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan. Only thing you may want to consider or at least plan for when finishing is the possibility of adding another heat source like propane. I started with just a wood stove and those little woods stoves will heat the place up. The downside is that the fire doesn't last for a long time like overnight or when you are gone hunting during the day. We added a direct vent wall propane heater so it will take over when the fire dies down. Also nice for this time of year when you maybe need a little heat overnight, but don't need much. Like I said you don't need to add now, but you may want to consider a location and plan accordingly in layout in case you do.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot View Post
Sounds like a good plan. Only thing you may want to consider or at least plan for when finishing is the possibility of adding another heat source like propane. I started with just a wood stove and those little woods stoves will heat the place up. The downside is that the fire doesn't last for a long time like overnight or when you are gone hunting during the day. We added a direct vent wall propane heater so it will take over when the fire dies down. Also nice for this time of year when you maybe need a little heat overnight, but don't need much. Like I said you don't need to add now, but you may want to consider a location and plan accordingly in layout in case you do.
Yes, we talked about possibly adding one of those. Only issue is limited wall space. Might have to just have an electric heater or two.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, we talked about possibly adding one of those. Only issue is limited wall space. Might have to just have an electric heater or two.
Actually I would go the electric route since you will be tied on the grid as it would be less hassle than propane and for recreational use the electric wouldn't run you that much. We didn't have that choice since we were off-grid. It is nice not to have to get up in the middle of the night to get the fire going.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot View Post
Actually I would go the electric route since you will be tied on the grid as it would be less hassle than propane and for recreational use the electric wouldn't run you that much. We didn't have that choice since we were off-grid. It is nice not to have to get up in the middle of the night to get the fire going.
Yeah I believe the stove we bought it rated for 4 hours of burn time. Which is probably less then that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in