The Pro and Con about a cabin and time share - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Danesdad
  • 2 Post By Woods walker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Question The Pro and Con about a cabin and time share

I always wished that I could own a cabin. However my fault always was a man that gave to my family first.

Did you ever think about having a time share instead of a hunting cabin?

What do I get when I purchased into a time share:

2000 acres of land that is 191 miles from house to hunt, fish, and mushroom on.
No work details to fix the place.
I pay a maintenance fee just like you for the taxes and to keep up the time share.
I can go all over the U. S. A and stay at other places. Idaho to hunt Mtn Lion. they do exist out there. stay at a time share.
Place I own also has a motel on it.. say I want to travel for predators the 191 miles and hunt in the thousands of acres of National forest.. Oh that cost $4.00 a year by the way .. you get that permit in Walmart.
So I can go down early Friday morning. hunt Friday evening Saturday and come home. Motel room $84 a night..
Liberal season. get this if your a predator hunter... all the bobcat you want to shoot from Oct thru Feb. and all you use is your small game license. No fur takers tag.
The housing you stay in at your time share by the way is condos not a sheeeeet hole.. If you own at that resort you can stay there many times on the points they give you...OK I get 43000 points a year. I can get a place for 7000 points for the whole week.. I will have to pay like $139 also but $19.86 a day. 43000 points divided by 7000 points equal+ I can stay at that resort 61 1/2 weeks.
Also in the off season you can take that thing called a family to the resort and fish, golf, fish all of the state trout streams, and rivers.

ok you will have to pay from $9000 to $12000 to buy into it.. But after that all you pay is that maintenance fee and taxes every year for your resort..

Now that place I hunt is in Virginia... 2000 acres. I an take 2 people with me to hunt on my lands. each of my family members can take 2 people too. my family can take 8 people to hunt on these land plus us 4 too. 12 of us..

I don't really want to go into what the benefits of a cabin is.. However many of the things I listed could never even give you what a time share gives you. Where could you get 2000 acres and your hunting licesnse allows you to take 2 bucks and 3 doe.. 3 turkeys, all the bobcat , coyotes, coon, and fox plus grouse, rabbits, squirrel, etc etc etc..

What kind of a cabin and acreage can I get for between $9000 to 12000? Ah kitchen, warm beds, firplaces, and warm showers and baths too... I'd say you would have to pay like $600 a year for taxes, maintenance fee and RCI points management. Now ask yourself this if you uitilities, mortgage payment, work detail items, taxes, go over $600 a year and you have oh at least 2000 acres go with the cabin...

Last edited by uncle buck; 04-11-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Pro and Con...If I was a rich man and hit the lottery I would buy a hunting cabin. But you all know that ain't going to happen real sooooooooooooon!

By the way there also a thing called work details to fix the cabin and maintain it...The small fee for taxes and main the time share people take care of it..
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Sage

Can you just pop in unannounced for a week end.or do you have to make reservations..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:31 AM
Sage

I would always feel like I was a guest at a place like that, not an owner.
Hunter58 and mad4268 like this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Banned

Everyone I know that bought into a time share back when they were popular regretted it and had a hard time unloading them. If you can afford the continued payments for a time share, you can find a piece of land or a small cabin you can afford.
bad primer and mad4268 like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:14 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonM View Post
Can you just pop in unannounced for a week end.or do you have to make reservations..

I knew couple who owned a place on Seneca Lake who had to make a reservation to use it. Their own fault. Just being too good to friends and family.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

State Forest lease, $200.00 a year, add taxes, insurance and electric and it is under $1200.00 a year.

Maintenance is the expensive part!

4th Generation @ Kamp.

3D - There are STILL a few deer left! You need to pry them out of the developments!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page