Propane tank & delivery - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Propane tank & delivery

I have a camp in the Germania area of Potter. Currently we have Suburban Propane for our propane tank and delivery. Even though we are set up for automatic delivery, I had to call for them to come. They finally came on Oct. 17 & we received the bill for 46.6 gallons. I head to camp on Nov. 1 and the gauge reads at 30. Now if they just filled it, it should be higher than that. So we call & they send out a technician thinking it's a faulty gauge. Nope, turns out to be some problem with the flow and now they need to replace the tank. Ugh!! So now where did all that gas go that I paid for? That shouldn't be our fault since it's their tank that we have to rent. Really want to find a new provider as it's been nothing but trouble since they took over for Knowles. Anybody have any suggestions on a new provider? Need a tank and delivery. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Ameriagas and no you should not have to pay for it as the delivery man is to check for leaks and that's their tank.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 03:06 PM
The Man

A friend just had a similar problem. He had enough with the local company and bought a 100 lb bottle. I think he got it at Tractor Supply. Now he takes the 100 lb bottle to wherever he gets a good deal and gets it filled. He keeps a small bottle handy in case he runs low.
RacksnQuacks likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 10:47 PM

I just put in an auto-switch valve/regulator and have it plumbed to 2-40# tanks. Just did it this summer, so this past week was really my first big test. So far I like the setup as you can look at the gauge and it has an indicator so you know when the one tank goes empty. I also still have a couple of 20# tanks for spares. This way I have no contract and I can go to the local TSC to get them filled.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 10:53 AM

I had a issue with my propane tank, which belongs to the supplier (Hellers) and they did the repairs to the vulvae and credited me back what leaked out.
Good Luck
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My camp is in the Renovo area and we have been using Heller's for about 8 years and happy with the service.

Johnny B
GSP-Briar Dakota
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Sage

My camp's in Sullivan County & been with Suburban many years & previously Agway(Hughesville) who Suburban acquired. I rent a 100 gal(420 lb) tank from Suburban and they fill once a year(normally early summer). Been totally pleased with their service. Hopefully they will take care of you.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 04:30 PM
New Arrival

I have been using Heller Gas for a few years and just call for tank to refill and they come out within a few days. They also do not charge a rental fee for the tank. Very happy with there service.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Sage

Heard Heller was also a good supplier.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
Ameriagas and no you should not have to pay for it as the delivery man is to check for leaks and that's their tank.
Not sure how they are in the mountains, but where I live, Amerigas is the absolute worst service!!

They charge well over $3/gallon for propane. I learned the hard way when I bought my current house, found out they owned the tank (1000 gallons) and no one else could fill it. I ended up buying the tank from them, and now pay between $1.95 and $2.10 delivered.

Amerigas is your worst option!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page