Camp break in.. lucky this time, kinda.. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Camp break in.. lucky this time, kinda..

So I get pictures from my game cam through out the week, motion detect at the cabin and focused at the entrance. Main reason is to see what going on while not there. Deer, bear, atv or two stop by no big deal. I see people making cell calls cause its the only good spot to call from on the mountain.
Camera is motion detect battery with solar charge, picture set twice a dayto upload, so as not to kill the battery with the low amount of sun we get lately

So mid week I get a photo of two guys at 12:30 in the afternoon walking up to the cabin, one on the look out, the other is up the porch, cant see what hes doing cause of the camera angle. The two look shady as s..t. I get my pictures set from the camera at 12:40 pm and then 12 am comes the second batch if anything happened. First picture is 12:25 two dudes walk up, look out guy pacing around the other is out of site for a bit the back...I know somethings not right. I'm 3 hours away and cant do anything PSP is 30 minutes if that..But nothing happened really..No proof of anything. Gotta wait till 12 am to see what happen.. I stayed up till then, talk about nerve racking. I see photos of them walking away empty handed.. I had my bow, some rifles and little stuff in there not a biggie. The house is bear proof to a point, all windows are covered with wood, 2x4 and plywood from the inside, front windows are the weak point, could be ripped off from the outside if really wanted in.
So at this point thursday morning, It could be guys working down the road on a house getting built looking to make a call, or someone leaving me a note..Its going to rain all weekend, so no reason to go up. But something was not right. Wasnt planning on going up this weekend with rain all day, but wanted to make sure.

Well, I just got to the cabin at 10 tonight.. All looked good, like every other time. The one thing out of place on the deck was the camo netting was pulled out of the container on the porch. Again no biggie. Go to open the door, 9mm hole tru the door lock...

They tried to shoot the lock out! Bullet went thru the door couch and landed in front of the kitchen sink. What is wrong with people.

They tried to open the front window cover but gave up and tried to shoot the lock.

Crap like this doesn't bother me as much as it does the wife, she is freaked out to a point. Pry bar markes are one thing. Shooting is another.

Picts to come after PSP is done.. They are really good ones

Last edited by Realtrehntr; 10-27-2018 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Language
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 05:39 AM
The Man

CRazy!....hope they are caught and prosecuted !
4x4dad likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 06:40 AM

You lucked out and good for you but let me say this the Police do not mind being called especially in a situation like you had. in Progress.
You really don't know how far PSP were maybe closer but maybe further . I never minded getting to a call and finding out there was nothing to it but I also got to calls and made some good arrests and saved property because of the people calling. If for no other reason you will have piece of mind.
Marcus99 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 08:43 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My neck of the woods the PSP are 40 minutes away and last time we were broken into I get we cant get finger prints cause its to cold. I do not believe the PSP will do anything. They are always at the new Dunkin they really didn't seem as though they wanted to do anything.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Sage

Hope they are caught and duly charged!!
4x4dad likes this.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlytrap View Post
So I get pictures from my game cam through out the week, motion detect at the cabin and focused at the entrance. Main reason is to see what going on while not there. Deer, bear, atv or two stop by no big deal. I see people making cell calls cause its the only good spot to call from on the mountain.
Camera is motion detect battery with solar charge, picture set twice a dayto upload, so as not to kill the battery with the low amount of sun we get lately

So mid week I get a photo of two guys at 12:30 in the afternoon walking up to the cabin, one on the look out, the other is up the porch, cant see what hes doing cause of the camera angle. The two look shady as s..t. I get my pictures set from the camera at 12:40 pm and then 12 am comes the second batch if anything happened. First picture is 12:25 two dudes walk up, look out guy pacing around the other is out of site for a bit the back...I know somethings not right. I'm 3 hours away and cant do anything PSP is 30 minutes if that..But nothing happened really..No proof of anything. Gotta wait till 12 am to see what happen.. I stayed up till then, talk about nerve racking. I see photos of them walking away empty handed.. I had my bow, some rifles and little stuff in there not a biggie. The house is bear proof to a point, all windows are covered with wood, 2x4 and plywood from the inside, front windows are the weak point, could be ripped off from the outside if really wanted in.
So at this point thursday morning, It could be guys working down the road on a house getting built looking to make a call, or someone leaving me a note..Its going to rain all weekend, so no reason to go up. But something was not right. Wasnt planning on going up this weekend with rain all day, but wanted to make sure.

Well, I just got to the cabin at 10 tonight.. All looked good, like every other time. The one thing out of place on the deck was the camo netting was pulled out of the container on the porch. Again no biggie. Go to open the door, 9mm hole tru the door lock...

They tried to shoot the lock out! Bullet went thru the door couch and landed in front of the kitchen sink. What is wrong with people.

They tried to open the front window cover but gave up and tried to shoot the lock.

Crap like this doesn't bother me as much as it does the wife, she is freaked out to a point. Pry bar markes are one thing. Shooting is another.

Picts to come after PSP is done.. They are really good ones

thankfully they didnt get in. call right away next time. i think they will be back and be better prepared to get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout 48 View Post
My neck of the woods the PSP are 40 minutes away and last time we were broken into I get we cant get finger prints cause its to cold. I do not believe the PSP will do anything. They are always at the new Dunkin they really didn't seem as though they wanted to do anything.

just spread the word there is always donuts inside the cabin and the coffee is ready to brew

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer

Last edited by Realtrehntr; 10-27-2018 at 09:50 AM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Grizzlytrap,

Glad you didnt have more damage and/or loss.

One thing you might want to reconsider is posting such details on the www. Its possible that those two guys could be reading this post. You have now given them details of where the camera is positioned, how it takes pictures, how often it sends pictures, contents of the cabin (firearms), and how far away you and the police are.

Good luck, Tony
outofstater and cahill hunter like this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 11:08 AM

I understand what you are saying about the Police but it all depends on the Officer/Trooper. I worked with many, many ,good Officers and some real bad ones and I knew which ones needed some extra supervision. In the upstate areas there are not allot of Police working at one time and its the luck of the draw. My own dealings with PSP have all been great but did have one problem. My cousin had a cabin right down the road from me and he got a call from one of the neighbors that the door was broken open. It appeared the burglar got into the boose so they called the PSP and the neighbor stood by. The trooper took a report and while checking out back , THIS IS TRUE.... , he found a guy passed out under a tree. He told him to go home. This idiot was known to us and was no doubt a thief. Anyway my cousin called me and I called the trooper. Didn't take long for me to decide I was getting no place. I was a captain near Philly and it wasn't hard to find a name of somebody to call at this guys barracks which I did. Something I never did before, anyway as soon as I gave the troopers name I didn't have much problem getting some help as they knew what I was talking about. Another trooper was sent to the scene and an arrest was made. So I know what you are talking about it happens. But you still need to call and hope for the best.
bohunr likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 12:08 PM

the Trooper that didnt arrest the guy in the first place should be working at McDonalds now.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 01:10 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I think I would post on cabin or leading up to cabin video monitoring 24x7 , maybe persuade them to stop?
bohunr likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page