Camp By-Laws - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Loggy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Camp By-Laws

There's always people wondering about camp by-laws so I thought I would post our by-laws for anyone who wants to have an idea of how to do it.
We're getting ready to slightly redo our Camp By-Laws so I'm reading over our last change to the By-Laws which was back in October of 1999.

But first a little background info. Rattlesnake Hunting and Fishing Club was organized and made into a Corporation back in 1951, this set of by-laws has stood the test of time and worked well for everyone involved. We own 10 acres and a camp but are surrounded by 1,000's of acres of Sproul State Forest.

In June of 1998 our camp burned to the ground and this set of by-laws carried us thru that tumoltuous period of rebuilding a new camp, which was brutal. We lost some members at that time who didn't agree with how to go about the rebuild or even what kind of camp to rebuild. It was a rough time but now 20 years later we are still thriving with 20 productive members.
After the fire and many meetings with lengthy discussions it was voted on and each remaining member had to pony up $2,000, we then added that to the insurance money we got to rebuild the new camp. Total price for the new camp came in at about $90,000. It's a big place!
We didn't want a whole slew of new members getting into camp for the small price of buying 5 shares of stock @ $125 per share, so we made an Entry Fee of $3,000 on top of the purchase price of the stocks, EXCEPT for Sons & Son-In-Laws. They could still get a membership for only the purchase price of 5 shares of stock. That way it was fair to the existing members who had just paid to rebuild the camp.
Fast forward to today and we have recinded the $3,000 Entry Fee because were pretty flush with cash and the newness of the new camp has faded.

I can tell you with certainty that witout having these by-laws in place, Rattlesnake Camp would not be around today. So, you've got to plan for everything, including death of members, divorce, fire etc.

I've attached a copy of our current by-laws.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rattlesnake Camp By-Laws.pdf (291.0 KB, 86 views)

I've spent most of my money on Waterfowling, Women and Whiskey.
The rest of my money I just wasted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 07:07 AM
Sage

No B of D Audit Committee??
Steeltrap likes this.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page