5Likes
  • 3 Post By Buckskin Dave
  • 1 Post By soup1279
  • 1 Post By thumper23

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Great weekend scouting in 2F.

Went to camp this weekend and did some scouting. I never was more than 6 miles from camp checking different areas and I saw, two flocks of turkeys with at least 7 hens and I couldn't begin to tell you how many poults, they were running everywhere. Saw 7 does and some fawns, and 6 different bucks all in velvet of course but three were legal 2F bucks for sure and one was big enough that not many hunters would pass it up. Also saw one coyote and later a half grown coyote pup. For a second I thought it was a fox. And the topper was a nice bear that was well over 400 pounds, I'm not an expert estimator of bears weights so I am being very conservative on that size guess. It was a very nice bear.
Oct. can't come fast enough because I saw gray and black squirrels everywhere I went and I am stoked for the early season. Funny I saw no fox squirrels at all. I saw no grouse but I did find a pile of grouse feathers where something killed one.
Nice weather, not one tick and game everywhere made for a nice weekend.
po54, Born2Hunt and little antlers like this.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Nice!

I went up to camp the weekend of the 4th. Checked cameras and did a little scouting.

Saw bear, Turkey and Deer while in the woods or driving to the places I hunt. Weather was beautiful as well. Looking forward to the fall/winter trips to camp
Buckskin Dave likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Part of the Community

I have been up to our camp in warren county ANF several times scouting this summer, always a joy to be In the big woods, saw a few bucks, one dandy and a group of 10 does! And two nice long beards!
Buckskin Dave likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page