Favorite place to eat while at camp? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Favorite place to eat while at camp?

What's your favorite place to grab a bite when you head to camp? What's your go to dish there?

Mine is by far the Longhorn Jack wings from the Flying W Ranch in Whig Hill/Kelletville. Killer!
rffhunter and Marcus99 like this.

16 years and counting. Welcome to the life of a Buffalo Bills fan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Sage

Probably 40 years in a row, stopped at Steam Valley Restaurant in Trout Run, on the way to camp for deer season. Stack of pancakes, maybe bacon? Got to feeling if I didn't stop on the way up, my season didn't stand a chance?

All ended last year, when I pulled in there Friday AM to find it had closed down.

Shot a buck opening day, so guess it wasn't really all that critical?

When at camp, at least one trip to the Home Comfort in Westfield, for the Friday fish fry. Place went down hill for a few years, has now rebounded.
16inpotter and capt rudy like this.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #3 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 05:17 PM
The Man

My two favorites in the Kane area are 4 Sons/Texas Hot Lunch. It is clean and well run, always staffed properly and you get good service. We usually eat breakfast there and I have the Powerhouse. If we're there for lunch or dinner I like the Souvlaki dinner. I also love Bob's Trading Post and LOVE their Chicago deep dish pizza, which I eat with impunity when there. And you have to finish with a cookie dough ice cream on a waffle cone. Actually, several times a year we make the 5 hour round trip from home just to eat dinner there and check on the camp.
RTH, bigguy54 and ANF Native like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 05:51 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyF View Post
Probably 40 years in a row, stopped at Steam Valley Restaurant in Trout Run, on the way to camp for deer season. Stack of pancakes, maybe bacon? Got to feeling if I didn't stop on the way up, my season didn't stand a chance?

All ended last year, when I pulled in there Friday AM to find it had closed down.

Shot a buck opening day, so guess it wasn't really all that critical?

When at camp, at least one trip to the Home Comfort in Westfield, for the Friday fish fry. Place went down hill for a few years, has now rebounded.

I sure miss Steam Valley, you're up in my neck of the woods. Fry Bros. Turkey Ranch is only a couple miles up 15 from Steam Valley. They have good food. Did you ever eat at the old Antlers Inn? Years ago they had a great buffet.
EAGLEUSMCRET likes this.
post #5 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:19 PM

UGS , Downey's in Ulysses .Kaytee's in Coudersport, Home Comfort in Westfield. Mcdonald's in Williamsport on the way up to camp. Denny F did the Turkey Ranch close down permantly or just closed when you stopped , use to stop years ago on the way up and back home from camp
Grizz747 likes this.
post #6 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:28 PM

When were at camp in Crawford Co., we always make our way to Hunters Inn along RT.27 near Guys Mills. Not only do they have the best wings around and the coldest beer. They have a great menu and there prices are right.....

When we hunt our property in Washington Co. we go to Rudnick`s Bar near Marianna for lunch, you cannot find a bigger burger or Hoggie for the price anywhere in the County. You will not leave there hungry for sure......

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....

Last edited by SlickShot; 03-16-2018 at 06:31 PM.
post #7 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:30 PM

On the way to Potter county I like to stop at the Waterville Inn. When up in Bradford if we go to town it's the Riverstone Inn for a nice meal. If everyone is rowdy it's Capt Jacks.
post #8 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:33 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester farmer View Post
On the way to Potter county I like to stop at the Waterville Inn.
Excellent burgers ! Used to serve them on a frisbee. You got to take the frisbee home.
EAGLEUSMCRET likes this.
post #9 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:33 PM

Newmans Sandwich Shop in Clarence, Reese's Exit 22 Snow Shoe, both have great cheesesteak Hogies. If I have time, The Sportsmens Hotel in Renova. They have great daily specials.
post #10 of 148 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Bigbrownie, I'm with ya on the cheesesteaks from Newman's and Reese's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page