Wellsboro Area Cell Coverage - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Wellsboro Area Cell Coverage

Looking at possibly switching to T-Mobile. I'm currently an AT&T user and have 3rd party service at camp. Looking at the T-Mobile coverage map I would have LTE service at camp and for a pretty darn good starting price.

My question is does anyone have or know anyone who has T-Mobile and has good service in the Wellsboro area? More like Ansonia Area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 03:10 PM
New Arrival

I have ATT and my camp is on Straight Run Road. I have great phone service, but 3rd party internet as well It works, but slow.

My grandsons have T-Mobile. they don't have phone or internet service unless they drive to certain locations on the mountain top, or go to town.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 07:36 PM

i got a good deal on t-mobile with 5 phones. i was told when when I got it that it would work off at&t towers. I live in SE Pa but do alot of business in the Mountains. it took me one business trip to realize I lost service very quickly. I had it for 1yr and paid the upteen hundred dollars to switch back to ar&t.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 02:35 PM
The Man

Verizon here and always seem to have great service Wellsboro area - there are not many places in Tioga county that it craps out. Then again Verizon isn't cheap ...

Don't Tread On Me is what it says and I'll take that to my grave.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Sage

Pretty much all of my relatives and camp neighbors in Potter and Tioga, have Verizon cell phones. Simply because Verizon has the widest service area up there and that's been the case for some time.

We have AT&T. Works great in most areas of PA that I travel in, except for at camp in NW Tioga County.

That said, it's far better now than it was just a few years ago.

About the only time my phone works right at the cabin itself, is during winter when the leaves are gone. Can usually get texts, now and then an actual phone call. No biggie, short drive from the shanty and I get five bars. Up behind camp where I usually hunt, can get two or three bars most of the time, so that's a plus.

Lots of new Verizon towers went up last year in Potter, including one about a mile from camp although I'm told they are text/data only for the time being?

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Tioga County is primarily a Verizon area. You will hit dead spots between Wellsboro and Gaines and on over to Galeton on Route 6. It begins about 1 mile after the 287 split and you won't get any service until you are almost to Galeton. I don't know how the service is if you go up toward Shin Hollow or south toward the canyon. I wouldn't buy a cell phone based on what you get in that area, since right now it really doesn't matter. I travel that route to my camp in Potter, so that is from experience first hand.

Wishing I was at camp!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys, I know the guys at camp that have Verizon do not have service while at camp and in most of our hunting spots. I know Verizon is out bc texting is now our primary means of communication to other hunters at camp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page