Wagon Wheel - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Wagon Wheel

Anyone know whats goin on the the Wagon Wheel in Russel City Was up camp over the weekend thought for sure they would be open. Lots of people riding the trails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Wagon Wheel

I wondered the same thing myself. I was out that way a few weeks ago working in the woods and was looking forward to a cold drink and an ice cream cone and they were not open. Maybe call the russell city store and ask him, maybe he knows.

Common sense isn't very common these days!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

The Dept. of Agriculture shut them down because of bad water (their water was OK for residential use- but not good enough for public consumption). To costly to install the needed equipment to clean it up. It is ASSUMED that the recent oil & gas wells being developed back Coon Run Road caused the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Part of the Community

I don't understand this. I looked at a house in Russel City a few years back and it was told to me that everyone there pays to get their water from a protected private source. I know they have a private well near their garden but they probably have access to the same water everyone else has there. What and how did that water test even come up as an issue to pursue in the first place???

Sure will miss those chicken meals. My wife and I dropped at least $20 each visit sometimes twice a week.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 PM

They have a cistern system from what I understand. They'd either have to put in a filtration system or have water brought in. Either are too cost prohibitive for that little business. Its a shame. They had good ice cream. Two years ago they had a road kill bear in their parking lot for most of the day. It brought in a good deal of business. I told them they should throw it in a freezer and bring it out when they were having a slow day.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page