Camp Rules - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Camp Rules

this may have been a topic before, but wanted to get a feel. we would like to compile a list of camp rules, just basics, Like all PGC rules will be abided by, if you drink, you stay, ect. Just wanted to see what you guys may have at your camps, thanks in advance!!

Karge Road Coyote Camp for Life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:38 PM

Re: Camp Rules

Rules...? I'll prob get bashed for this, but at our camp (and this is only my own opinion) their aren't any rules. Maybe because we have common sense? Don't know. Never had any problem that would give us a reason to for rules. Part of the reason I love camp is to get away from the rules, control, demand, and stress of life. Thats camp in my mind. No reason to bring the crazy world we live in to a place I hold to dear to my heart. Maybe some of you guys need rules or just want to control, but that won't be happening at camp with our crew. Best of luck with the advice your asking for.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Part of the Community

I agree ACE. My wife and I are the lone owners of our camp. We have many hunters and fishermen that join us for many different seasons. We have no rules! Common sense prevails. I think everyone is well aware of that and if they don't have it, they know they will not be invited back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

First Rule: What happens at camp stays at camp.......
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 02:38 PM
J-T
Part of the Community

I belong to a camp with 8 members, on state ground. We do have a set of rules. We simply set work weekends from June-Sept, 2nd saturday of each month, if you miss you owe $50. But we have never made anyone pay up for missing a work weekend, as everyone has family and stuff just happens. But if a guy does miss, he will usually make up for it on another weekend by doing something that needs done on his own accord. Kind of where the common sense part comes in the other guys mentioned already. We also limit members to bringing only one guest during any big game season to keep the number of people limited on the first day to what camp can hold. Dues are due by such and such date, but not a big deal if someone is a month or two behind. I guess we view the "camp rules" more as guidelines and we don't get [censored] about it. We have a good group of guys with common sense, none of which are lazy. Makes things pretty easy. If you have a few people that are good people, and have a few guidelines that everyone agrees with, all is well. If I was the sole owner, then I might have a different view of how things should be done and could have it my way or the highway. No horror stories to tell, just good times to remember and more to look forward to. The way it should be.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Frequent Contributor

No writen rules...just me, dad and my brother on the books. Unspoken rule for guests...use common sense. If you dont have any, we'll give you some fairly quick.

I have CDO, its like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order the way they should be.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Good Luck. When more than 1 person owns a camp, outside factors(like deaths, divorces,kids, especially mature kids,hard feelings, and difference of opinions, one person not working their share, and so on...) usually will undermine any rules set in place. Of course, there can always be an exception to the rule... Good Luck
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

we have simple rules. follow the state rules. and all people pay $10 a night to pay for consumbed stuff. ex gas
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Our camp has many rules, I could stay here any type out our entire by-laws but i'm not going to. The camp has 24 members and everyone is expected to do his share when it comes to work details. Also, there are such rules in our by-laws that allow for a person to be kicked out if we as a camp find it fit. For example, if a member has guests to the camp and they do not clean the camp before leaving then certain by-laws can be enacted. Or, if a member hasn't paid due's or assessments for a long time then the by-laws can become enacted.
Our camp also has rules regarding memberships. We only allow a maximum of 25 members at 1 time and there is a certain amount the new member must pay after they are voted in by the other members. We allow memberships to be "handed down" between immediate family members as long as the new member pays any outstanding membership fee's.
Laws are important when you have a big camp to go to on the weekend or during fishing/hunting season, but as for camps with small numbers of members I don't really see the need. Members of smaller camps should use their own common sense when inviting guests up to camp or attending work details, word travels fast within a small group and I wouldn't want to be the one not carrying my own weight.......
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Sage

Our gang really never needed rules , except what happens at camp stays at camp....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page