generator for a camp - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

generator for a camp

What is a good generator for a 30ft. trailer ? I'm looking to power all the normal things you need in a hunting camp. also pump for well, and as quiet as possible. And do you need batteries so gen. doesn't run constantly. I don't know how or what i need to power a camp. and it needs to be portable so i don't have to worry about theft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: generator for a camp

Big gray area here. I have a 16x20 camp and I use a honda 2000 inverter generator and never looked back. It supplies a microwave and pump and lights. It really depends on your needs and if your able to adapt to a limited supply of power. And honda gennys are the quietest ones around. I also run power tools for jobs around the camp, hope this helps....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to wv windy ridge

as for quiet go with a honda IU series. I also have a 29' with a slide out. I have the 3000 and it will run everything under a load. TV and AC at the same time. If you want a longer run time and can afford to step up go to the iu 6000. It will have a longer run time at 1/2 load. Durability wise I have had mine for 6 yrs change fluids per the manual and run synthetic oils in it. Run the fuel system dry every use and it will always start on the 1st or second pull. I have not changed the plug in it yet but need to soon and it probably has averaged about 700 hrs per year of use.

Harvesting imature game removes future trophies. Patience is rewarded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Part of the Community

The honda's are the best if you are looking for a quiet generator and can afford it. I found this one a year ago and have been very happy with it. I have a 14x20 cabin and it will power everything I need( tv, fridge, microwave, ac,power tools, ect) I was looking at a Honda before I bought this one and it was 5 times the price.
http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Outdoo...catalogId=10053

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page