Looking to buy a camp - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Looking to buy a camp

Looking for some advice / ideas on resources to use here in my search for a camp. I want to buy a camp somewhere in eastern PA - ideally within 2-3 hours drive of Bucks County (where i live) and 3-4 hours of NYC (where I have some family who would come out). Looking for a spot for deer and turkeys and ideally some water (stream or lake) for fishing. My google searches end up with a million options, none of which are obviously good hunting spots - i think the ideal would be someone selling an existing camp for whatever reason, rather than buying land that may or not be productive. Any ideas / thoughts / leads highly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Sage

Re: Looking to buy a camp

I see this is your first post...welcome to HPA..
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Thanks, great forums - and i just realized there's a pinned topic up on the top on this exact question, apologies. That said, if anyone is marketing something in the general vicinity i talked about feel free to PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Sage

pm sent to ya
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

sent you a pm
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhopehunter
Looking for some advice / ideas on resources to use here in my search for a camp. I want to buy a camp somewhere in eastern PA - ideally within 2-3 hours drive of Bucks County (where i live) and 3-4 hours of NYC (where I have some family who would come out). Looking for a spot for deer and turkeys and ideally some water (stream or lake) for fishing. My google searches end up with a million options, none of which are obviously good hunting spots - i think the ideal would be someone selling an existing camp for whatever reason, rather than buying land that may or not be productive. Any ideas / thoughts / leads highly appreciated.
There are State Forest Lease camps throughout the Delaware State Forest that could be what you want...

4th Generation @ Kamp.

3D - There are STILL a few deer left! You need to pry them out of the developments!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM

NewHope,
Potter/Tioga Counties has every thing you want with Pine Creek, and the Pa Grand Canyon also. I have Deer, Bear, Turkey, Grouse and Elk in my front yard. Fly Fishing 30 yards away. They call it Gods Country for a reason, cause it is.
Pine Creek

Never care about what other people believe, be strong and walk in the way of the Lord.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page