Looking in 2F help appreciated and incentivized - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Looking in 2F help appreciated and incentivized

Browsing the interwebs in the middle of the night in between newborn feedings hasn't turned up much in my search so I figured I would reach out here. I have hunted 2F all my life in the bad old days of muzzleloader stamps and late sends for doe tags we took what we could either hunting the ANF in Marienville, or off of 36 near Slocum Spring in North Clarion. I am in outside sales covering 4 states for a cigar company, I also have a 5 week old, so my time beating the back roads up there looking to see what FSBO hasn't come around yet. If someone directs me to a place I buy then I will kick them a finders fee that goes bang, see the last sentence for what it is.

I am looking for something between the 36/66 intersection in Leeper as a southern border, The north end of Watson Farm Road in Marienville as a northern one. As Far East as the Clarion a River and West being Tionesta, though I would rather stay out of Touristnesta and be nearer Marienville but beggars can not be choosers. I am looking to spend around $25k as that's my cash reserve at present, but would go up nearer $40k for the right place. Newer (post 94) Mobile, Cottage, wood or, block is unimportant as long as structurally solid. My biggest biggest need is the ability to shoot safely on property. With my limits on time I need somewhere to get away and blow,off rounds after grass cutting. I have a cousin who posts on here that has a real nice, and real fairly priced place near the Newmansville store that if it had just .2 acre larger lot so I could shoot I would buy it in a second, I really don't I deer stand why it hasn't sold yet. Also with my time constraints I am looking for something that doesn't need a ton of work. I understand little stuff, and after my father had his Camp for 20 years you realize they are never completely perfect, no matter how hard you try. Something with 2 bedrooms, a living/ kitchen area is good, but to me bigger is always better.

So if you see this post and have a place up there, or are tearing up the backroads on a Harley trip near Cook Forest and see something that fits this bill let me know, email is best Sjsmerkjr76 at aol dot com. If you recommend me a place that I buy I will kick that person a Remington 572 as long as your legal to own. I have a pair, you get 1 neither are safe queens, but it is an awesome leave at camp squirrel gun.

Love sitting around the campfire smoking Acid Kuba Kuba or Undercrown?You're [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Part of the Community

Re: Looking in 2F help appreciated and incentivized

I have some info for you about a camp, your inbox is full can't send any pm's

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Fixed that, thank You for the heads up, it is interesting to look at PM's from 7-8 years ago and what i was interested in on the classififeds forum.

Love sitting around the campfire smoking Acid Kuba Kuba or Undercrown?You're [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Part of the Community

I hear ya, just went though mine the other day.
PM sent

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 08:17 PM
The Man

I wish you luck however your price range practically guarantees all you're going to find will be nestled among other camps on a postage stamp lot and in need of repairs...probably without septic and likely no water...

Just putting things into perspective...
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I appreciate you thinking I am an optimist Winchesterbob, I am not, merely a realist. Family camp is/was on Allio road, land is still there in a family dispute. I have been going to Leeper-Marienville regularly over 25 years. I know what people are asking for camps. And I know what some end up selling for. I'm not looking for acreage, merely 15-25 yards to bury a few truck tires with dirt with a safe open area behind, and clip bobbers with a 22. Likewise running water and septic doesn't matter. Haven't had those luxuries up there prior. I am fine with a camp shower and some 5 gallon buckets filled from Slocum Spring.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 11:39 PM

There are a couple of places for sale right on 66 in Pigeon. There's a trailer for sale near me on Sackett Rd at 4 corners.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 12:37 AM

Have one I'm getting ready to sell 2 miles East of pigeon with ANF for a backyard. Sending you a PM

Life Member of NRA, Tall Tine outfitters, and life member of UBP.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Sage

Try looking on Jones Farm road. There is a small "village" of camps up there at the end of the road (about 4 miles off the pavement at Golinza road). There is always a couple for sale back there.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Part of the Community

I have to agree with WinchesterBob,
$25,000 might get you one acre up around Hallton, but no house, shed or trailer.
I think Red Green said it best when he said that if you are looking to buy land, always buy land with the oldest building on it. after all, the first person there had their pick of all the places to build. Hence - it should be in the best place.

Trying to find a piece of land that is secluded enough to be able to hunt, shoot, camp, and not have neighbors is getting rarer and rarer, especially in your price range.

And you said - you only have $25,000 to play with.
How are you going to give someone a BIG reward for finding Shangri-La for you?

Your best bet is to take $1000 and stay in one of the hotels up there for one week every year. At the end of 25 years, you will still have money in the bank!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page