Weekend in Elk County - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Weekend in Elk County

The wife and I finally got to follow through on plans we made for a weekend. I took a day off work and we left Friday morning.It was cold at home so we knew it would be cold up there. A quick stop at M and S in New Betlehwm and on our way.
Never expected to have to shovel snow, but there was a good 3 inches on the back deck.Turned on the furnace and lit a fire in the woodburner and figured we would do some fishing.
Headed down to Spring Creek which they stocked on Wednesday, fished a couple places but no luck. Only saw 1 guy with a fish.Left there and headed to Mill Creek didnt have any luck there either.
. Let the wife sleep in Saturday and headed back to Mill Creek at daylight. Only up was me and the birds apparently the fish werent up either because nothing was biting
They were stocking Twin Lakes and Hoffman Run so we decided to try our luck there. They put 16 buckets in at the Beach and 16 buckets at the Dam. Followed the truck down Hoffman Run and fished at the first place they put fish in . We ended up catching 3 but struggled to even get them. Still cant figure why they stock that strream , and better yet why they put so many fish in Twin Lakes.
Got some pics off the trail cam and quite a few deer , and one very large bear. We get alot of bear in our yard but this is one of the biggest bears I have gotten on camera. That being said they killed a 700 pounder across the road a couple years ago and I have multiple pictures of him , this one is bigger.
All in all a great weekend . Fishing could have been better but thats why they call it Fishing otherwise it would be called Catching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 06:54 PM

Re: Weekend in Elk County

Still sounds like a great weekend. Love millstone and spring creek but didn't make it either last weekend fished maple and salmon maybe this weekend after turkey hunting.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 01:21 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Weekend in Elk County

From what I can determine the trout fishing in the northern tier has been slow. Everyone seems to think the water is still too cold. Sounds like you had a nice weekend though, and that's what it's all about!

"A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest" Paul Simon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page