Best place to buy T&G pine Warren&Forest Co... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Best place to buy T&G pine Warren&Forest Co...

So I'm planning to start some interior remodeling this year. I've pretty much have had my mind made up, but seeing some pics of other places has sealed the deal for me. I'm ok with seconds if need be, and would buy amish if that was an option. just looking for best price per board foot, and trying to avoid the big box stores if I can. Would be willing to travel up to an hour from camp if price is right. Also any where up the 66/28 travel corridor or 79 north to 80 east to Franklin 62 north corridor.
work2much likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best place to buy T&G pine Warren&Forest Co...

Mars Lumber has the best prices that I have been able to find on T&G pine. $1.69ish a bf I believe.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Frequent Contributor

You can look up BERNARD-DANIELS canfield Ohio. Bought pine boards for my ceiling there. at www.bdlumber.com just across state line west of boardman Ohio. If you go stop at T.P. Tools one block away. Good Luck

camp in A.N.F.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Frequent Contributor

Just checked 1"x6"x8' is 45 cents lf if you buy 96 or more pieces. 55 cents lf. for smaller quanity. Good luck

camp in A.N.F.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 12:37 PM

I have been buying my knotty pine T&G at ochs in lucinda it's 80 cents a bf for 1x8 one of the best prices I found. Seems the Amish just aren't that cheap any more being for the same board on lake Lucy road was 85 cents. Another option is to call carter lumber they will deliver bulk but I like ochs better.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 01:07 PM
RB
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wash Co_Archer
So I'm planning to start some interior remodeling this year. I've pretty much have had my mind made up, but seeing some pics of other places has sealed the deal for me. I'm ok with seconds if need be, and would buy amish if that was an option. just looking for best price per board foot, and trying to avoid the big box stores if I can. Would be willing to travel up to an hour from camp if price is right. Also any where up the 66/28 travel corridor or 79 north to 80 west to Franklin 62 north corridor.
I am looking up here for the same to do the camp and the second story of my son's shop we picked up last year. I will let you know what i find, i am dead center Warren County.

i will say don't spend more than .85 a board ft on it, i know I got quoted less than that in several places some with a delivery option some not. I just need to dig that stuff and get in that mode again.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 12:25 AM

Just to be sure, a couple of posts seem to be quoting linear foot prices rather than board foot. .80 or .85 a <span style="text-decoration: underline">board</span> foot seems very good. .80 or &gt;85 for a linear foot of 1x6 or 1x8 is not so good.

Life Member of NRA, Tall Tine outfitters, and life member of UBP.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith
Just checked 1"x6"x8' is 45 cents lf if you buy 96 or more pieces. 55 cents lf. for smaller quanity. Good luck

That seems to be a pretty good price, and not that far off the path on my way there. Will be looking into that option for sure. I also didn't realize the difference between board foot and linear foot until I looked it up. Good piece of info to know!!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:09 PM

I'll be doing some knotty pine too this year in the new camp so maybe we can all keep this one going as we do our camps with updates and pics as well as helping each other find bargains.

I had talked to a mill on the phone who was located somewhere out near Hydetown. His prices seemed very fair and he had the pre finished stuff as an option too. Of course, I can't find the notes I took

Life Member of NRA, Tall Tine outfitters, and life member of UBP.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbowhunter56
I'll be doing some knotty pine too this year in the new camp so maybe we can all keep this one going as we do our camps with updates and pics as well as helping each other find bargains.

I had talked to a mill on the phone who was located somewhere out near Hydetown. His prices seemed very fair and he had the pre finished stuff as an option too. Of course, I can't find the notes I took
Agreed, seems like alot of us are looking to do some interior finishing this year. Looking to start the interior of our place this year also. Got over 2700 sq' to cover at camp , + about the same at home
Search doesn't need to be limited to Forest & Warren , I'd be willing to go just about anywhere for a decent deal ...Smicksburg ,Punksy, Dubois...
pretty much anywhere from Indiana to Potter, Warren Elk ,Cameron ...

Carve your successes in stone ,
Leave your failures in the sand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page