Camp Flooring? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Camp Flooring?

Planning a nice addition in the spring. Have everything planned out except the flooring. The old part has 1 3/4 pine from the 70's and has held up well...What are some materials ya'll have used and would recommend?

Are we at camp yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 12:42 PM
Part of the Community

Re: Camp Flooring?

We have it all: Carpet, hardwood, vinyl tiles, rugs. I would go with wood floors. Easy to clean and don't get smelly/moldy. Sounds like the pine has held up well. Go with them again. Keeps a uniform look also.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 12:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If you're looking for a durable floor that isn't carpeted it's hard to beat bamboo. Had it in my living room and I have never seen anything like it. I literally couldn't dent that stuff with a hammer and good luck scratching it. Lumber Liquidators has tons of it in any style or color you could want.

<span style="color: yellow">Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine. -Ferrell</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 12:49 PM

Depends on what your looking for. We've done a bunch at different family camps over the years. If it's a vacation home the pine and wood not bad. If it's a used hard put away wet camp I liked the straight particle or plywood floor. Painted and sealed. You can wear your boots inside with out to much fuss. Personally if I build a new cabin it will have a concrete floor with radiant heat. Then polish and finish the concrete to look like a marble. Indestructible.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 01:05 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Concrete flooring is the way to go with radiant heat. I had that in part of my last house and it kept the floor toasty. The only thing with that is it takes a day for the floor to heat up. I used water but you can get it with electric. Now if your floor is above ground, it doesn't work too well. I put in some hickory flooring that I bought at Ollie's. Cost was .79 a square foot. The floor is actually a floating floor. I have a utility room that I make people come in and out of during bad weather and take off their boots. Pine boards have that rustic look that I like. The down side is if you have small kids inside, you will get splinters. Sealing the floor with a good poly will take care of that. It really depends on your budget.

Big D
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 05:29 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

We put Pergo Vinyl plank in our place. It was nice because we got it for free and I have installed tons of it. The nice thing is it installs like laminate, but if you ever have a water issue you can take it up, let it dry and put it back down. Our place is right on the river and has flooded in the past.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 09:52 PM
Frequent Contributor

I'm planning to redo the kitchen in our camp in the spring and we're thinking about using the vinyl strips that look like hardwood. Have sheet vinyl now and the floor isn't level, so we're going to put down luaun plywood over the existing vinyl, then the new vinyl strips. Wanted to do the floating floor, but several of the guys who have done that say the floor isn't level enough for it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the feedback...keep it coming. Gona have to make a trip into lumber liquidators, I believe York now has one.
Happy New Year!

Are we at camp yet?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 01:03 PM

There is a new vinyl snap down flooring it's recommended for basements and damp areas so would work great in a camp. We r planning on putting it down in our place when it's that time (2 years and still working on the inside lol) but my son and I are planning to use that as our floor only issue it's about 4 bucks a square foot.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 01:05 PM

Also I think there was a similar post in the past which had answers also which may help.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page