For sale Hunting camp - 67 acres Pittsfield - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
The Man

For sale Hunting camp - 67 acres Pittsfield

Have a new place for sale near Pittsfield Pa. Address is 9196 route 27 Pittsfield, Pa. Warren County. We just purchased the property and are either going to turn around and sell the property or rent out the home and manage the timber long term. Whichever comes first.

Land is hilly with around a 6' degree slope. Bordered by numerous timber company properties. There have been 2 timber estimates on the property. the 1st was done by Arnold Forestry out of Tionesta. Value they placed was $85,000. Arnold has done a very good job of previously managing the timber with several low grade cuts. I had Shaffer forestry out of Cambridge do an estimate before I bought. Their estimate was $125,000 and Shaffer was very comfortable with that estimate. The heavy volume and higher value timber will be on the west side. Younger timber and less volume on the West side and above the camp. Heavy Maple volume with Hard maple being the high volume. Good quality. Shaffer has done a number of timber sales for me in the past and his estimates have always been right on the money or low. They are highly respected in our area but they are also usually booked 6 months in advance so be prepared to be patient if you desire his services. You are free to have your own forrester do an estimate. If you don't know a forrester, call the Warren County DCNR and ask for a list of accredited INDEPENDENT forresters.

The oil and gas rights go with the property. The oil and gas rights were leased in 2011 to Medora Resources and expire in 2016. they have an option for another 5 year renewal. I don't know what they paid per acre nor the terms of the lease. This wasn't a concern of mine as I loo at oil and gas as speculative and I am primarily concerned with timber. If you are interested in the terms of the lease, it is your responsibility to go to the Warren county courthouse and look up the agreement or have an attorney do so for you.

The camp/home is a 2001 Commodore Double Wide in very good shape. Full concrete slab. 3 bedroom/2 bath. Wheelchair accessible with ramp going around the backside. Propane heat, central ac, private well and septic. There is also a one car garage in fair shape with a dirt floor. I placed very little value on the dpoublewide when purchasing since they don't hold their value very well. I bought this property specifically for the land and quality/volume of the timber.

The price is $179,000 FIRM. This is a 10% markup over what I paid and if you don't think this is fair or I'm being greedy, you should probably look elsewhere. NO owner financing. Because there is a double wide on the property, you'll probably need to finance this like raw land. Most banks will require 30% down for a purchase like this.

Anyone who knows me knows I move fast. This will be sold or rented to the first qualified person who comes along and there will be no 2nd chances.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: For sale Hunting camp - 67 acres Pittsfield

Congrats

4B TUSCARORA
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
The Man

There has been no interest so we are going to move on to timbering the property and renting out the doublewide.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 10:43 AM

Sounds like a great customer experience. Hard to believe you haven't received any interest.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 01:43 AM
RB
Sage

Great area, wish i could of bought it but the ebb and flow of property purchasing is at the wrong point. if you happen to want to sell it after the timbering in a year or two, let me know.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 11:55 AM
New Arrival

Is the camp and property still for sale would like to look at it saturday
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Ripat PM sent

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Before we proceed with our plans, we will also consider selling the property without the timber rights for $80,000.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilby
Sounds like a great customer experience. Hard to believe you haven't received any interest.
This made me laugh...haha

2B, 2A, South East NE, Jefferson National Forest VA
'Pinnin Ain't Easy' 'TR' East Ohio

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Is that perpetual timber rights or one cutting?

The United States of America has the greatest people on earth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page