Kids 1st camp weekend - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Kids 1st camp weekend

Next weekend will mark the 1st time my eldest daughter will spend the weekend at deer camp for the benefit of perhaps filling her 1st tag. As I left the woods this Saturday past with another enjoyable bowhunt to enter in the camp journal, I was overcome with the urge to ready the camp for an important guest-almost as if the President was coming to visit( a much earlier President of course). After about three hours of scrubbing, sweeping, organizing and planning the cabin was almost acceptable. Then came cleaning the yard, trimming the trees, checking her stand I assembled and hung, trimming shooting lanes, etc. After several hours of manual labor the likes of which not seen by this decrepit body in years I sat down to reflect upon the day and enter said activities into the camp journal to read another day. As I wrote, I wondered if she would notice each little detail or not. I speculated as to if she would care. I thought back to my 1st time at camp and wondered what preparations were made in advance.

All this being said, I was almost worried if she would approve of our time spent together. Then it hit me, it was her idea to hunt, get her gun sighted in and reminded me constantly of the upcoming youth weekend. After returning home last night, I spoke briefly with her about the upcoming and was reminded that the details don't really matter, the deer, the gun, the camo, the treestand, the condition of the camp. What she will remember are the aspects of our trip that can't be purchased, borrowed or planned. These are the same and only things I remember from my first days at camp.

Good luck next weekend folks and remember that its the experience that they will cherish whether a deer is taken or not.

"So what was the problem, is your gun broke?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 06:05 PM

Re: Kids 1st camp weekend

Well said! Have fun - both of you!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Frequent Contributor

Good luck to you and your daughter!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM

Hope for the best good luck and enjoy

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page