medix run bound - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

medix run bound

getting the camper packed up and ready to go out to medix from sept.10-18.
will be a camp site 9 if any of you hpa'rs want to stop and meet,have a cold one or two would be glad to have you.bring a tent along,this site is large enough if you wanted to stay few days.hope to meet some of you members.

true pleasure is a pair of red eyes coming at you in the night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 11:15 AM

Re: medix run bound

Have a great trip, just was up there fishing along little medix run

Member NWTF
NRA Life Member
Member DU
Camp Maalox Clearfield Co
Proud Member Tom Kelly TENTH LEGION
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Have fun. I'll be at camp on Wallace mine road this weekend until Wednesday. Can you reserve those camp sites along medix online?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

i don't about on line,but call the forestry office at S.B.Elliott state park and Vickie will take care of you.
My preference is sites 3 or 4 or both at one time,,keeps people away,then site 9,,big enough for camper/motor home then number 5, 2 as a last resort,all others are very small.
Medix falls under district 9. Sorry I don't have # at this time.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 02:22 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks. I came home for a day and headed back up tomorrow. I was disappointed yesterday at camp to find out they are draining my favorite ponds to fish near camp
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

well here it is,six days to go .most of the prep is done,pick-up filled with wood,gear stored,gotta pick up 2 extra bottles of lp,too compliment on board tank.All food is packaged,and in freezer/fridge running on A/C now. Got to gather camera,charger,cords and extra chips.Checked over all fluids,tires,water,gas. Some of the guys who are coming out got spare clothes,bedding,etc on board.Next will be to load all dog food/supplies.
Plan on trying for a couple of yotes while at camp,so got 4 weapons in floor mounted gun locker should we decide to go out.This was a sweet design,made steel box mounted under main walkway from front to rear of camper,mounted to undercarriage,and opened up from top.COMPLETELY water proof
and shock proof.Not to mention,if some one comes into camper they really won't know what to look for,so no gun theft.
I also want to come out here this year to trap,and make some "false" sets,so to speak.
Land and water.
So,not to get in trouble with the PGC, I got six different traps "opened" but welded open, with no chance of going off.that i can "set" to experiment with trap location or to drive stakes into possible water sets for rats and leave stakes there for later,, already measured out for the connis.But the main goal of this "camp" is to get away for 9-10 days and just relax.
But if you happen to drive by,coffee always on the spit,or a cold one or something stronger,just stop by #9 spot at medix run sept.10-18.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I'm at Mosquito Creek Sportsman's Club eating now and headed home. It should be good weather this weekend. Have fun and good luck
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Tuesday night,left work early,started drive to medix about 9:40.Pulled in and pulled some gear out of camper floor.
No fire tonight,just used camper lights to see by and a mixed drink or two.
Will "set" up camp in the morning.Bill and Jim along tonight.

Wed. morning,was up at 4:30, made coffee and the three of us sat around and shoot the bull.
breakfast was sausage,egg and cheese sandwiches,very good...
At daylight,we repositioned camper,leveled it and got fridge relit.
Got tarp set up and cots opened up and under it,nice to lay there and listen to the rain pelting off of it.
Got other tarp set up and got the outhouse up and going.
Only use indoor toilet if really needed.
Supper came kind of early for us.
Did up about 6 pounds of pork tenderloin,cut up butterfly style.
Big skillet of garden fresh potato's,onions,green peppers,bananna peppers,and jalepeno peppers.
Really good eats and some left over for later in the night.
Mixed drinks,beer,and card games rounded out the night.

Thursday morning.
Up early again,coffee by 5 am.a big omlette of sausage,cheese,peppers,onion and homefries.
Jim had to leave early for dentist app.come back later that night.
Couple of burgers for lunch,then another big supper later in the evening.
Hot sausage with all the trimmings,good fire going,cards,and a couple games of yahtzee.

Friday morning,up early again,very overcast and cool out.
Made trip into Bennezette to get some ice,smokes.Saw 7 tom turkeys on way back in.
Camp has been very quiet as far as wild life goes.
Supper time and we done up chicken on the grill,tried to be nice guy later and do up some chocalate chip muffins.
Not used to camper oven,,got all mad because I burnt muffins,so mad that whole muffin tin and all went into fire,,they were done by about 6am on Saturday morning.

Saturday morning,sausage and eggs for breakfast,Jim had to leave at 11:30 to go to a birthday party at Parker Dam.
Quiet rainy day,,alot of rain,,tarp worked out good.
Pounding on side of camper ,flashlight going ,thought it was park rangers,,here young kid out spotlighting,slid off of road and into pole,power line down accross roadway,had to drive into Medix Hotel to use their phone,no cell phone service out there and thankfully they were still open.
It was a long night with all the red lights and power company finally got new lines ran about 5:30 in the am.
Bought bottle of moonshine Sat. afternoon,pretty good but nothing like my sister brings me up from Virginia.

Sunday pretty quiet,rained alot,spent most of day in camper.

Monday morning cold and damp,quick breakfast of egg and cheese sandwichs.
Bill took a bad coughing fit,so bad he actually passed out and hit back of head off of the fire ring.Laid his head open pretty good,big goose egg to boot.
So to be safe,I busted camp down and we drove back into town and trip to the ER.Bill is ok,but we ended camp 4 days early,but better safe then sorry.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Sage

Sounds like a great camp life, except for the fall by your buddy..
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

sounds like a good time til the end. also sounds like me at camp. too much beer and way to much food. I wont be back up til the 26th for mosquito creeks sportsmans club bash they have every year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page