Only at hunting camp Stories? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Only at hunting camp Stories?

What are some of the "Only at hunting camp" stories that everyone has, nothing inappropriate.

From September to April my world revolves around hunting the rest is preseason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Only at hunting camp Stories?

Me and my friend have been hunting together since high school and every fall and spring make a trip to hunting camp, which is just a small cabin with no running water, an out house, fridge, and one loft bedroom with an electric heater. It seems every trip we manage to make it a little more like home such as a tv to watch movies and a grill to cook on, but out of all the trips the one thing we still needed was a shower when we would go before our jobs and his family we would stay for a week at a time so a shower was a must we did everything from driving 30 miles to a friends camp to use one, finally we figured using a tea pot and coffee pot to put water in (which we had to buy at walmart another 20 mile round trip) then setting them on the heater to warm. i can say i have taken more then one shower outside in nov. when it was snow flurrying with luke warm water. this went on until we came up with the shower bag. A piece of redneck art if i do say so myself, a shower bag from walmart hanging on 5 clothes hangers suspended from the rafters in the no longer working shower. But still had the problem of waking up and warming ice cold water to take a mild shower before going out to hunt all day. It go to the point where we were actually looking into instant water heaters, when my friend calls me one day at work to say " we are the dumbest people i have ever met." i asked why " im looking at water heaters for camp this weekend they run up to 100 dollars or more and to ship it would cost 20 dollars easy when someone said just use a coffee pot to brew hot water." okay but why are we idiots ill just bring mine along. "We are idiots because we have been using the pot form the coffee maker for the last 6 years."
only at hunting camp

From September to April my world revolves around hunting the rest is preseason.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Sage

Re: Only at hunting camp Stories?

We already have a lengthy link on here for stories, been on here for years , lots of funny stories, not sure of the title or location, but it's here.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page