Deer camp - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Deer camp

I'm just looking for input on this . I belonged to a camp since the start 25 yrs ago. It's a 4000ish acre property, it has been a part of my family growing up and many deer seasons and vacations. We as scamp did not own the property just rented it about 20-30 wks out of the year, the land owner and a good friend to all of us died late last year and the his family took over the property, I pursued a leases of the property since his family hardly used it, as I just found out a group of the camp members, just signed a lease and didn't include me or others members, we all got along great and never has any problems, I was the one who took care of food, stands etc. I'm VERY angry and hurt all at the same time, should I be feeling this way and how who you approach th other new leases?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 10:17 AM

Re: Deer camp

Selfishness and greed, happens more and more, really sad. They backdoored you, and didn't even have the stones to tell you. Would you really want to associate with people like that, friends would have included you, and would have given there concerns etc... And allowed you an opportunity to reconcile with their issues. Move on, no reason to dote on a losing situation. Not worth the effort it takes to give them your piece of mind.

Anybody can shoot deer on the farm ground....You earn it in the mountains.......
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 12:46 PM

Stinks for sure try to cut ties and move on. Good luck with your decision.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I would differently approach them and ask WHY, you have the right to know, and then move on if that's what they want.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I would approach them to discuss face to face. If they have the balls to go behind someone's back they know what they were doing was wrong. They should also have the balls to tell you the truth and stand up like men. If they don't, they are just cowards that I wouldn't want to be associated with anyway.

<span style="color: yellow">Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine. -Ferrell</span>
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Frequent Contributor

there has to be some reasonable explanation....confront them with openness, honesty, and a level head. Don't let your emotions get the best of ya. Good luck

Are we at camp yet?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 01:03 AM
The Man

hard to do, but move on.....you don't want to be associated with their "new vision" or attitude. Like was mentioned above the COWARDS backdoored you.

John Adams - "One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress."
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 02:01 AM
Sage

They must have left you out for a reason, find out the reason, may be something you can clear up.........
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks to all the input, I appreciate it, looking into a lease of a camp in the Rothrock SP at Whipple Dam, have to do my homework again to find the deer!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yeah, that's a crappy situation and I hope you make out on the upper hand on this new lease. I'm not very old yet, but the older I get, the more I understand how a lot of people are scum!! I tell people get a dog they'll never stab you in the back. There's a lot of horror stories with camps and a lot of these stories are families and close friends. We all have issues at our camps, it's just ashame people have to ruin things because of greed. Best of luck too you!!

Camp 2F hearts content, cherry grove. Home Pittsburgh
West mifflin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page