And why do the farmers have so much say? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

And why do the farmers have so much say?

This past weekend while at camp, the produce I bought at the local market was coming from out of state (sunday hunting allowed states) or out of country. I realize Pennsylvania produces a ton of feed grade corn and grains, but they do not, or should not have the leverage that they think they do. Im set to boycott Pennsylvania Farmers who do not support Sunday hunting and would like to compile a lists of those who openly oppose. I will however continue to support my many friends who farm and support sunday hunting because they realize it will not have an effect on them farming. First the religious complained of a "day of rest", the farmers "trespassing and our animals are getting shot" the hikers, horseback riders "we dont want to get shot". PLLLLLLLLLLLEASE! Pennsylvania isnt even relevant when compared to other farming states in the U.S. Its also funny how they all claim to allow people to hunt on their land, but hear so many stories of people being turned away. You guys are a joke!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

Re: And why do the farmers have so much say?

You can put me on your list.

I don't support Sunday hunting in PA.

Not sure if its relevant to your little rant, but farming is not my sole source of income, I spend some time making steel smaller too.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 05:04 PM

Put me on your boycott list also because I do not support Sunday Hunting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 05:06 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShunkPaHunter
Im set to boycott Pennsylvania Farmers who do not support Sunday hunting and would like to compile a lists of those who openly oppose.
And how do you plan on doing that?

2F for a while...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Soooo...you want to boycott those who have the ground that you want to hunt on Sundays....that's good thinkin'....just think how crowded the SGL will be if ALL of the farmers take their land away.....I mean, it will be so crowded that you won't be able to move, but at least you can go and stand in that one spot one more day of the week.

I don't have any land, but put me on your list...I think that I would want to be boycotted by people with that line of thought....

I prefer my kid hunt and fish rather than steal and deal,
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Sunday hunting is a dead issue..Farmers own most of the private land in PA and have a large pool in the legislature..Dont waste your time...Instead of going to the beach for a 2 week vacation take off some time to hunt like everyone else does and stop crying about it..If your job does not allow you time to hunt then QUIT and find one that does like alot of others do...It comes down to what is more important your job or a couple days to hunt..
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 05:48 PM

add me and my entire family of farmers to that list. Our 300 acres can quickly be pulled from the cooperative programs if this is how the hunters feel. We can take care of our own deer problems during the season.

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 07:22 PM
The Man

please add me to the list as well. i am not a farmer, i own trucks...tractor trailers....so you may want to start boycoting them as well.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 07:24 PM
The Man

Great idea, boycott local farmers. See where that geys everybody. I for one dont care if we get SH or not. But when you wanna get personnal about boycotting something that puts food on my table and pays my bills, I will speak up. I gave up 3/4 of my hunting season to farm. Im not crying about SH. I find a few days to get out, and make them count. Otherwise im sittin in a tractor night and day making sure people are fed.

"god fearin, hard workin. combine driver"
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Sage

Really, did you think your post was a good idea? Yeah, Shoot off a few toes to hunt on Sunday.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page