For those that oppose - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Sage

For those that oppose

What amendments or other bills (like stronger trespass) would make this bill acceptable to you?

What if the legislature made it so you had to enroll in a Sunday hunting program, similar to DMAP or Farm Game Cooperator and no one, including the landowner, could hunt the land on a Sunday unless enrolled?

Looking to see what it would take for some of you to change your mind

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Banned

Re: For those that oppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalThatFishes
What amendments or other bills (like stronger trespass) would make this bill acceptable to you?

What if the legislature made it so you had to enroll in a Sunday hunting program, similar to DMAP or Farm Game Cooperator and no one, including the landowner, could hunt the land on a Sunday unless enrolled?

Looking to see what it would take for some of you to change your mind

Dollar Bills and lots of 'em might work to get me off the fence.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Frequent Contributor

Nothing. My issue is that of lack of self control. Sunday is a family day. If I could hunt I most likely would and it would cost me my marriage. I understand the original intention of the law that forces us to proirtize family time atleast one day a week. Some have a drinking problem I have a hunting problem. I am an addict and i know it but can not change.

There's hunting and there's hunting with a good dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Banned

I would love to see some improvements in trespass laws, but that has nothing to do with my opposition to Sunday hunting.

My opposition has every thing to do with my own personal experiences and the black eye I see coming to hunters as a group, over the actions of a few.

Hunters make the headlines for all of the wrong reasons, we see them posted on this board every day, from stand and cameras stolen to unrepentant trespassing, let face it,hunters don't like other hunters so why would non hunters have a favorable opinion of us?
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawanajim
I would love to see some improvements in trespass laws, but that has nothing to do with my opposition to Sunday hunting.

My opposition has every thing to do with my own personal experiences and the black eye I see coming to hunters as a group, over the actions of a few.

Hunters make the headlines for all of the wrong reasons, we see them posted on this board every day, from stand and cameras stolen to unrepentant trespassing, let face it,hunters don't like other hunters so why would non hunters have a favorable opinion of us?

Wow, I don't think I've ever read such a dismal view of hunting & hunters.

Thank God my hunting experiences are 180 degrees different that yours. 99% of the hunters I meet afield are fine folks and I am sure many here on HPA share the same opinion.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Sage

I'm with you FT.

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

As a waterfowler, I am not in favor as it has the potential to reduce my season length. I like it strtched out as long as possible since the migration is so weather dependent...heck, waterfowling in general is weather dependent. FWS gives us certain number of days in the season, and some framework in regard to splitting season geographically. Currently, the 60 days is spread out and since no SH in PA, sundays are not counted in the allotment. With SH sundays count, resulting in a more compressed season.

As a landowner, free posted signs that say no sunday huntin would help me change my mind, though the watefowler in me says no go.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Banned

i'd need payoffs and kickbacks to support this bill.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

the idea is growing on me. i used to oppose it more out of tradition than anything. plus the fact that it is a day of rest for me, literally, and if hunting was allowed i would feel guilty if i didn't go. don't ask me why. but i think i would get used to it. and i gave up private land hunting about 10 years ago so thats not even an issue with me.

My diploma is a DD Form 214
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 06:19 PM

Donuts and coffee work for me. Always have, as long as they are jelly. I guess I'm a cheap date.

In Memory of LCPL Ralph Fabbri 9/29/89-9/28/10
Semper Fi, Brother
Never forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page