My personal thought on SH - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
The Man

My personal thought on SH

Sunday hunting and deer---When I first heard the rumor about another day added to deer season, I thought, My God, there goes the herd then I realized ,AR protects younger bucks and Antler-less tags are allotted to control the doe kill and are adjusted up or down as needed. OK, one rumor with no merit.

Then I started thinking a little more and realized--

NO one is forcing anyone to hunt on a Sunday and NO one is forcing any Farmer to allow hunting on a Sunday-- If you don't want to hunt on a Sunday--STAY HOME--If a farmer doesn't want to allow hunting on their property on Sunday or threaten to close all hunting---POST YOUR LAND TO HUNTING---It's your right as a land owner to do so--- but is it your right to tell your neighbor he can't allow SH cause you don't?

As far as hiker. bikers, bird watchers, and leaf peepers---I've checked a lot of sites on the web concerning these hobbies and out of all the dangers and hazards listed not one that I checked listed hunters or hunting seasons as a danger or hazard.

It seems the same guys that complain of no deer(which I admit to being one at one time) are the same ones complaining about an over kill happening with SH. If there are no deer to kill Mon. thru Sat. how you going to kill MORE of them on Sunday?

Genesis 27:3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: My personal thought on SH

Dale
post #3 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Very well said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO2
As far as hiker. bikers, bird watchers, and leaf peepers---I've checked a lot of sites on the web concerning these hobbies and out of all the dangers and hazards listed not one that I checked listed hunters or hunting seasons as a danger or hazard.
Have you emailed the KTA? Any equine assoc's? My take from your post is, you talked to no one and relied solely on what you may find on the internet. Hard to come to any conclusion IMO when you haven't actually communicated with them.
post #5 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahick
Quote:
Have you emailed the KTA? Any equine assoc's? My take from your post is, you talked to no one and relied solely on what you may find on the internet. Hard to come to any conclusion IMO when you haven't actually communicated with them.
Have you?? If so post them so we all can be aware of their concerns and start up a dialog with them to address their concerns.

If hunters were a concern, I'm sure hikers,bikers,horseback riders and leaf peepers would demand they be added to their sites as dangers and hazards.

post #6 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Have you?? If so post them so we all can be aware of their concerns and start up a dialog with them to address their concerns.

If hunters were a concern, I'm sure hikers,bikers,horseback riders and leaf peepers would demand they be added to their sites as dangers and hazards.
Yes, I have. And no, I am not going to post the email. Search my posts, you'll see. Better yet, email them yourself.

Keystone Trails Assoc.

PA Equine Council
post #7 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
And no, I am not going to post the email.
On 2nd thought, ill post this because the thread was locked and somewhat hard to search for. I would appreciate if you would actually email them for yourself, instead of reading a canned response or a single members opinion online.

Quote:
I already have. I emailed just about every hiking association in PA. And all shot back greatly opposing HB 1760.

A snippet from one such response...

"Sunday hunting will have a significant impact on your hiking this coming fall and winter. KTA is not against hunting. Indeed, many of our members are hunters. We believe, however, that Sunday should be a day when outdoor enthusiasts - other than hunters - can freely utilize Pennsylvania’s forests. Hunting seasons, once easily understood, now require an understanding of a complicated matrix of geographic areas and calendar dates to decipher. Sunday hunting will make it increasingly difficult for hikers to find a peaceful, quiet, and safe retreat in the woods."

".......been visiting with more legislators in Harrisburg than ever before, to ensure the concerns of Pennsylvania hikers are included in the debates over issues like Sunday hunting. Our visits pay handsome dividends in reinforcing legislators core opinions in opposition to Sunday hunting."
post #8 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I see, they believe(which is good) but have no proof or facts and you, who seem to be an itellegent person, agree with their beliefs?

post #9 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
I see, they believe(which is good) but have no proof or facts and you, who seem to be an itellegent person, agree with their beliefs?
First, what I believe in is my opinion. My decision on this issue is mine, not because someone else feels any other way. Second, as I said, communicate with those folks yourself. Don't take a snippet of that email and make a decision.

Do you believe we have trespass issues and should fix those first? Do you believe we have a safety concern with SH? Etc etc...there are many issues with SH. All have been posted here. If you don't believe any of those issues are valid, fine, you made your decision. I certainly do believe we have issues that need taken care of before we push though this bill, which did not take anyone's concerns opposing this bill into consideration before being introduced.
post #10 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
I certainly do believe we have issues that need taken care of before we push though this bill which did not take anyone's concerns opposing this bill into consideration before being introduced.

Isn't that what's taking place now, legislators debating the pros and cons of this bill before moving it on?

and BTW---I started this thread because
Quote:
what I believe in is my opinion. My decision on this issue is mine, not because someone else feels any other way

sound familiar!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page