Sunday Hunting - Getting more Interstate Hunting - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Sunday Hunting - Getting more Interstate Hunting

I not only see Sunday hunting in PA's future, I see more tourist attractions for PA hunting. A fairly close population is in New York City, Boston, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and even the Cleveland, Ohio area.
With Sunday hunting that would spur the attraction of the weekend hunter from the big city. And hunting on Sunday would mean a full weekend of hunting. There are many airports in the northern part of the state, that could provide Limousine, SUV, service from the airports to nearby hunting camps, lodges or motels in the area.
Hunters would be able to travel from the metro areas on Friday afternoons to their airport destination; leaving for home on Sunday evening.
It definitely would increase non resident hunters on the all hunting weekends, and obtain a ready market for landowner hunting leases. Once owners of less used woodlands, see the prospects in weekend hunting, they should support Sunday hunting, with an easy majority.

Sunday hunting means a way to reach the metro hunters. And that means tourism dollars helping small hunting communities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Sunday Hunting - Getting more Interstate Hunting

Generally, "big city" folks dont hunt. I see no great influx of these folks by adding sunday hunting.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahick
Generally, "big city" folks dont hunt. I see no great influx of these folks by adding sunday hunting.
I have to disagree...."Big City" folks hunt and got money.
The problem is PA generally isn't on the destination list. And Sunday hunting isn't going to change that. Not that they aren't afraid to spend it but PA isn't a cheap destination for lodging ect. It doesn't give them "the bang for their buck" they like.

#MAGA..."Mexican's Always Get Across"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mus42tang
I not only see Sunday hunting in PA's future, I see more tourist attractions for PA hunting. A fairly close population is in New York City, Boston, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and even the Cleveland, Ohio area.
With Sunday hunting that would spur the attraction of the weekend hunter from the big city. And hunting on Sunday would mean a full weekend of hunting. There are many airports in the northern part of the state, that could provide Limousine, SUV, service from the airports to nearby hunting camps, lodges or motels in the area.
Hunters would be able to travel from the metro areas on Friday afternoons to their airport destination; leaving for home on Sunday evening.
It definitely would increase non resident hunters on the all hunting weekends, and obtain a ready market for landowner hunting leases. Once owners of less used woodlands, see the prospects in weekend hunting, they should support Sunday hunting, with an easy majority.

Sunday hunting means a way to reach the metro hunters. And that means tourism dollars helping small hunting communities.
Nice! Unless the private land you hunt for free becomes some rich man's lease from New York.

Wonder what a soul's worth to some SH supporters???

It is hard to prevent oneself from believing what one so keenly desires

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 PM
The Man

How many airports north of I80 provide limo,SUV service?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Sage

Don't ask me.....I can't even get cellphone service north of Williamsport.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Sage

Wow. I can. I posted pics of my buck I uploaded from net service on the cell. Took forever, but it worked.

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Sage

Nope...I am pretty much dead going up the 15 out of Williamsport to Liberty...Catch a weak signal in Wellsboro on 6 while cutting across to Potter..then up over the NY line I get nuttin.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage

Wellsoboro gives me full bars on both phones. New tower going in as well, but now I think I piggy back off of someone else's repeater signal

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPro2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahick
I have to disagree...."Big City" folks hunt and got money.
The problem is PA generally isn't on the destination list. And Sunday hunting isn't going to change that. Not that they aren't afraid to spend it but PA isn't a cheap destination for lodging ect. It doesn't give them "the bang for their buck" they like.
Ill admit to not knowing big city folks for the most part. But the few doctors I know well spend their money in the mid west and have for years.

As far as cell service, all along 6 I get Verizon. Tmo and ATT I havent had luck with. North of 80 that is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page