BOC Meeting 10-3-11 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

BOC Meeting 10-3-11

PGC Testimony
October 3, 2011

Good morning President Weaner, Commissioners, Executive Director Roe, staff and guests. My name is Chuck Lombaerde and I am the President of the Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmenís Clubs (PFSC).

PFSC-would-like to thank the Game Commission for participating in our-Marcellus Shale and The Outdoors Forum we held recently-in conjunction with-our fall convention in Camp-Hill.- Many excellent presentations were made by several state agencies and industry representatives, focused on the effects of gas drilling, as they-concern-wildlife, their-habitats and the environment. The presentation-made by Bill Capouillez on State Game Land drilling and remediation efforts, was-among the best presentations-at the symposium.-Our thanks to Bill for his presentation, and to Deputy Director Matt Hough, Joe Neville, Coren Jagnow and Commissioners Isabella, Schreffler, and Putnam for taking the time to attend our convention.

PFSC would-like to clarify, that although our delegates have some concerns with the current-wording in HB 1760, our-position on-the transfer of regulatory authority for-Sunday hunting, from the Legislature to the PGC, is still one of support for that transfer. We believe the PGC is the appropriate regulatory authority who should be deciding if, when and where Sunday hunting should be allowed, based on a wildlife management decision like all other seasons and bag limits.

We are also concerned about, and would be willing to work with the Legislature and the PGC on another bill, HB 1066,-that would require additional efforts from our-WCOs regarding trespass-enforcement. PFSC realizes that such a requirement would seriously-hamper an already thinly-stretched WCO compliment, from-effectively-enforcing existing-Wildlife Code responsibilities.-We would be happy to be a-part of any discussions on a resolution of this apparent issue for PGC law enforcement.

Thank you for the additional hunting opportunities for Pennsylvania's hunters and for-making sure our Youth Hunters will have an opportunity for-pheasant hunts this year, despite problems with the Game Farms, resulting from the recent flooding in the Loyalsock valley.- Our youth are our future, and their needs should come first.

Thank you for your time and the opportunity to present our testimony here today. As always, the PFSC looks forward to a continued working relationship with the agency and commissioners.

I hope GTF took notes because I didn't. Only 7 speakers today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Sage

Re: BOC Meeting 10-3-11

I didn't.

I stood up for trapping, and basically concurred with what the gentleman from the PTA said. He was opposed to the desires of Born Free.

I talked a little about how great it is to see all the pictures of youth hunters with buck AND doe this year. Thats fun for me, and I recognised the other groups and folks that had a hand in getting that legislation passed.

I talked a little about Sunday Hunting and said with the Saturday bear opener, and the additional bear tags sold, it was pretty obvious that it gave more people an opportunity to hunt, especially our youth hunters. I thought Sundays would have the same effect.

I smacked the PFB a bit for not even sitting at the table with the sportsman's groups to see if something could be agreed to. We'll see what happens.

Other than that, speakers talked about T&E species, white nose, bats, and one lady wants monkeys for handicapped people.

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 07:12 PM

HB 1066 what does that have to do with WCO's??? When I pulled it up it is about revocations of licenses to carry.

SB1066 doesn't change anything either. It still requires a PGC violation & trespassing before a WCO can issue a citation. It does change the penalty up to a summary third class. (Wow, most trespassing while hunting is already a misdemeanor under the crimes code.) SB 1066 just cleans up language of the current law. Seems the utmost in stupidity. Dumb down the penalty and offense depending on who writes the charges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Sage

Zim, you may have missed it, but I posted a while back that the Senate Bill was introduced as a starting point AND it could be amended.

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 07:50 PM

Trespassing hunting should be illegal hunting, making any game so taken illegally taken game. If the PGC picked up all those fines for WCO's enforcement of the trespass law, they'd be on it like white on rice. The fine for Ag Trespassing can be $2,500. Most trespassing while hunting IS Ag trespassing under the crimes code .... a MISDEMEANOR.

Any and every bill can be amended. The Sunday Hunting bill could be amended to make hunting illegal, how many folks are opposing it because it might be amended? All that over "if's and maybes"?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

That Trapper was Barry Warner,top notch guy. He stood in for Brian Mohn,Pres. PA Trappers.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Sage

He was very nice. Can't let those anti's get their way, no matter what. Hunters and resource first. We have to stand together.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Your 100% right!

BTW thank you for standing up for the Trappers. &gt
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Sage

But of course.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
The Man

How about contacting your local PD for Trespassing issues.
WCO's do not have the resources to be private trespassing patrolman for citizens.

Not making light of trespassing but this is why WCO's will only enforce it as a secondary offense (Title 34 trespass) and not get involved with Title 18 trespassing issues unless there are other game law violations have occured.
It has nothing to do with the PGC getting the fine or not.

Putting Resource First

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page