Domestic cats - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Domestic cats

I apologize for not being able to copy/paste this article, it would have made a great meme but it's in pdf formand I couldn't find a way to copy it Furtunately, a single click will take you right to the page.

https://wildlife.org/wp-content/uplo...-f60axH5qckSVI
410-er and PA112Hunter like this.

MAGA 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Sage

Well known and verified statistics, but cat lovers still insist there is no down side to their Trap/Neuter/Release scams, that continue to stymie practical efforts to control feral cat numbers nation wide.

No police force will intercede if you're over run with feral cats. Shoot one and they'll be happy to show up and arrest you on the spot.

A neighbor always let her cat outside to prowl about, killing baby bunnies and song birds at will. Only stopped when the cat got run over on the road. Cat she has now, stays in the house. I once saved her cat when a fox chased it out of the woods and up thru her back yard. Regretted that almost immediately, when I distracted Brer Fox long enough for the cat to get up a tree in the yard.

bohunr, Danesdad, octagon and 2 others like this.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 01:38 PM
Frequent Contributor

Times they are a changing. When I was a kid my grandpa and neighboring farmers would pay me to shoot feral cats and groundhogs.
bohunr, Danesdad, octagon and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 01:51 PM

interesting reading, thanks for posting
PA112Hunter likes this.
post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 02:38 PM

Iím a cat guy, we have 4 of them. Theyíve never been outside since they were rounded up as kittens. I had them declawed and neutered when I got them. This crew would be terrified if they were to set foot in the yard. Thereís a big tom cat that has hung around outside my place for three plus years. I donít know if he belongs to the neighbors, we donít feed him but he looks well fed. He sits on my wood pile and suns himself, hunts mice around my fur shed, garages and honey house. I havenít caught any mice in my traps since he showed up. When I leave the doors open on the outbuildings and he always goes in to look around.

Cats are amazing predators....Iíve seen one of ours stake out a spot in the basement for a day and a half waiting out a mouse. When I was a kid, we had a cat that was inside/outside, it would catch half grown groundhogs and drag them onto the front porch.

Iíve seen feral cats miles from homes, even saw a couple way out Sproul SF. Those cats donít get a get out of jail free card when Iím trapping.
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 05:08 PM
Frequent Contributor

Check out more of their fact sheets. Here is one "Study Finds Feral Cats Likely Driving Disease Among Deer"...

https://wildlife.org/feral-cats-like...r-study-finds/
bohunr likes this.
post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 12:51 PM
Sage

Eight or ten years ago, the PGC/BOC advertised in their upcoming meeting agenda, that they were considering efforts to deal with feral cat predation on birds and small mammals.

Dozens of T/N/R "cat ladies" showed up to protest that decision. There were articles in newspapers about it, so the word was out and many of those T/N/R ladies vehemently testified against PGC doing anything to endanger "their" cats.

The Commissioners were kinda stunned by the turnout and tabled the idea, but the "cat ladies" gathered outside plotting their next move, until someone who shall remain nameless, went out and told them they'd won, so they could leave.

Woodsy will remember this, as he and I watched as several of the cat ladies pounced on another woman in the lobby, thinking she must be an ally? She wasn't. She is a wildlife rehab person, that has no love for feral cats and said so when approached. Couple of the cat gals got a tad wobbly, when she mentioned something about wanting to shoot every feral cat she could find.

bohunr, octagon, gentleben and 2 others like this.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage

post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyF View Post
Eight or ten years ago, the PGC/BOC advertised in their upcoming meeting agenda, that they were considering efforts to deal with feral cat predation on birds and small mammals.

Dozens of T/N/R "cat ladies" showed up to protest that decision. There were articles in newspapers about it, so the word was out and many of those T/N/R ladies vehemently testified against PGC doing anything to endanger "their" cats.

The Commissioners were kinda stunned by the turnout and tabled the idea, but the "cat ladies" gathered outside plotting their next move, until someone who shall remain nameless, went out and told them they'd won, so they could leave.

Woodsy will remember this, as he and I watched as several of the cat ladies pounced on another woman in the lobby, thinking she must be an ally? She wasn't. She is a wildlife rehab person, that has no love for feral cats and said so when approached. Couple of the cat gals got a tad wobbly, when she mentioned something about wanting to shoot every feral cat she could find.

Yep, I remember that, they picked the wrong lady to mess with.
bohunr likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #10 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 01:43 PM

If PETA or the T/N/R crazies knew how many cats we have killed on the mountain or out in the desert they would burn crosses in our front field.
bohunr, Danesdad, octagon and 2 others like this.

I carry a gun because I'm to young to die and to old to take a ass whipping.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page