5Likes
  • 3 Post By Buckskin Dave
  • 1 Post By WADMAN
  • 1 Post By OAWC

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Another DMAP question......

I am always very diligent about reporting my kills on time, and reporting on my dmap tags too. But, this year, I forgot to report my dmap tags (no kills) until after the deadline passed, and then was unable to do so online. I know that the rules say that you must report, or will not be allowed to purchase a DMAP tag next year. I know two different people who SAY they never report them, and still are able to purchase them the next year. Anybody know exactly how it works? I know it was my fault, so whatever happens, happens.

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackmaster4 View Post
I am always very diligent about reporting my kills on time, and reporting on my dmap tags too. But, this year, I forgot to report my dmap tags (no kills) until after the deadline passed, and then was unable to do so online. I know that the rules say that you must report, or will not be allowed to purchase a DMAP tag next year. I know two different people who SAY they never report them, and still are able to purchase them the next year. Anybody know exactly how it works? I know it was my fault, so whatever happens, happens.

147.676. Unlawful acts.
It is unlawful to:

(1) Use, possess or attempt to use or possess more than two DMAP harvest permits for a specific DMAP area in any license year.

(2) Use or possess or attempt to use or possess a DMAP harvest permit that was issued to another person.

(3) Lend or transfer in any manner whatsoever a DMAP harvest permit to any other person regardless of the purpose.

(4) Issue more than two coupons to any person for a specific DMAP area in any license year.

(5) Fail to tag any deer taken with a DMAP harvest permit in accordance with provisions of this part and the act relating to tagging big game.

(6) Fail to submit harvest report and survey information in accordance with instructions provided.

(7) Charge or accept any fee or consideration for a DMAP coupon.

(8) Apply for, receive or possess a resident DMAP permit if you are a nonresident.

(9) Fail to comply with any other provisions of 147.672147.675.

You can be prosecuted for failure report and not receive a permit the following year.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:04 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post

You can be prosecuted for failure report and not receive a permit the following year.

Well, he did try to report. He was just....tardy.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 08:05 PM

If you forget to report you can't get DMAPS following year. Happened to family, a member on here on 2 occasions. Same thing. Forgot till past deadline, following year he was denied any DMAP coupons.
quackmaster4 likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 11:05 PM
The Man

So the coupon the landowner issues to the hunter is than wasted I presume?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADMAN View Post
If you forget to report you can't get DMAPS following year. Happened to family, a member on here on 2 occasions. Same thing. Forgot till past deadline, following year he was denied any DMAP coupons.

I believe that was the way it was the first few years, but I think the PGC did away with the part of being "ineligible the next year" if you did not report either a harvest or a no harvest. You are still supposed to report either way.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy View Post
So the coupon the landowner issues to the hunter is than wasted I presume?

Not in my case anyway. I get them online when they become available for a local state park. I'm guessing that when I apply this year, it will just come up that I'm ineligible. Time will tell. If I get denied, then I have nobody to blame but myself. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 01:06 PM
The Man

When does the landowner receive the coupons?Also when will I receive confirmation that I,ve been approved to participate as a landowner in the program?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy View Post
When does the landowner receive the coupons?Also when will I receive confirmation that I,ve been approved to participate as a landowner in the program?
I forget when ours arrived last year....it may have been some time in June time-frame. You do not receive any confirmation on the application until the coupons arrive in the mail.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 01:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackmaster4 View Post
Not in my case anyway. I get them online when they become available for a local state park. I'm guessing that when I apply this year, it will just come up that I'm ineligible. Time will tell. If I get denied, then I have nobody to blame but myself. Sometimes life just gets in the way.
I think the next-year denial after a non-report was the original intent of the DMAP reporting....but they softened up on it after they got pressured on it. I think you will be able to buy DMAP tags this year when you attempt to do so.
quackmaster4 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page