I am always very diligent about reporting my kills on time, and reporting on my dmap tags too. But, this year, I forgot to report my dmap tags (no kills) until after the deadline passed, and then was unable to do so online. I know that the rules say that you must report, or will not be allowed to purchase a DMAP tag next year. I know two different people who SAY they never report them, and still are able to purchase them the next year. Anybody know exactly how it works? I know it was my fault, so whatever happens, happens.
§ 147.676. Unlawful acts.
It is unlawful to:
(1) Use, possess or attempt to use or possess more than two DMAP harvest permits for a specific DMAP area in any license year.
(2) Use or possess or attempt to use or possess a DMAP harvest permit that was issued to another person.
(3) Lend or transfer in any manner whatsoever a DMAP harvest permit to any other person regardless of the purpose.
(4) Issue more than two coupons to any person for a specific DMAP area in any license year.
(5) Fail to tag any deer taken with a DMAP harvest permit in accordance with provisions of this part and the act relating to tagging big game.
(6) Fail to submit harvest report and survey information in accordance with instructions provided.
(7) Charge or accept any fee or consideration for a DMAP coupon.
(8) Apply for, receive or possess a resident DMAP permit if you are a nonresident.
(9) Fail to comply with any other provisions of § § 147.672—147.675.
You can be prosecuted for failure report and not receive a permit the following year.