SH Sticky w/ no commentary? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

SH Sticky w/ no commentary?

Perhaps it's just because I live out of state now, but I wonder if there are other readers like me. I check in periodically on here to see what the current status of the Sunday Hunting bill is, but have to wade through endless pages of endless threads of ranting and personal attacks that I would otherwise ignore, as that horse died ages ago. I realize the official status can be checked on the State Legislator's website, but there is sometimes "inside information" behind the scenes that gets posted here by those in the know. Is it possible to have an information-only sticky post on this without the rhetoric?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Sage

Re: SH Sticky w/ no commentary?

There will be a hearing this Thursday, and another will be held sometime in October in Harrisburg.

Thursday, September 15 · 6:30pm - 9:30pm
East Allen Township Municipal Building
5344 Nor-Bath Boulevard;
Northampton, PA 18067.

The prohibition on Sunday hunting is an old blue law left on the books in only six states. Hunters pump millions of dollars into habitat restoration and conservation and they are primarily responsible for healthy ecosystems throughout Pennsylvania.

Many hunters cannot introduce their children or friends to hunting because Saturday is their only opportunity, and they are competing with the numerous organized sports and other
activities. Many hunters - be it young or old, novice or experienced - stop hunting because of the lack of opportunity, both in time and accessible land. The addition of an extra day in the field increases a person’s available time to enjoy our hunting heritage. This will invigorate essential hunter recruitment and retention efforts.

Sunday hunting will also bring a much-needed economic boost to rural areas. Every day that hunters are in the field, they spend money on gasoline, food, lodging and the dozens of other incidentals that go along with a day’s hunt. The ripple effect of this spending can have a major impact on a rural town or county. Comprehensive research from the National Shooting Sports Foundation shows that allowing hunting on Sundays in Pennsylvania would generate a total annual economic impact estimated at $764 million and create more than 8,000 jobs. This legislation will clearly help advance and preserve the Keystone State’s rich hunting traditions, while enhancing biodiversity and wildlife populations.

HB 1760, sponsored by State Representative John Evans is the topic of this public hearing sponsored by the House Game and Fisheries Committee.

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page