HB 514 Merging the PA Game Commission with the PA Fish and Boat Commission - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

HB 514 Merging the PA Game Commission with the PA Fish and Boat Commission

An Act amending Titles 30 (Fish) and 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, merging the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and the Pennsylvania Game Commission; in preliminary provisions, in preliminary provisions relating to fish, further providing for definitions;

in Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, further providing for organization of commission, for executive director, for assistant executive directors, for waterways patrolmen and employees, for Boating Advisory Board, for designation of commission and for publications; in Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Compact, further providing for members of commission from Pennsylvania; in preliminary provisions relating to game, further providing for definitions;

in Pennsylvania Game Commission, further providing for organization of commission, for director, for Game Commission officers and employees, for deputy Game Commission officers and for junior hunter projects; and, in enforcement relating to game, further providing for powers and duties of enforcement officers and for deputy Game Commission officers; adding transitional provisions; and making editorial changes.
Prime Sponsor:
Representative ROAE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:09 AM
Part of the Community

Aaanndd...here we go again.

Integrity is doing the right thing...even when no one is watching. C.S.Lewis
It's hip to be square. Huey Lewis
"Lady" Jerry Lewis
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:48 AM
Sage

Couldn't find HB 514?? Anyone have link?

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:10 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=514

Here's the best I can do. Not sure if It's complete yet.

Take a look at the memo as well. Sounds like half his issue may be lack of free regs booklet.

If Sunday hunting was not already illegal, who among us would not laugh at making it so?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:32 PM

yep
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post

Take a look at the memo as well. Sounds like half his issue may be lack of free regs booklet.
Thanks!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post

Also looks like the deck is already stacked 10 to 8 in favor of the fish and boat.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 12:09 PM

There is going to be a public meeting with the fish commission on Thursday,Feb 28th 6 to 8 pm at the Tioga County Farigrounds building. State Rep Clint Owlett is going to be hosting it. I know I will be there and will ask about this HB 514. He is on the game and fisheries committee so your input could carry some weight. Just notify his office that how many will attend online or call. I talked to fish commission personnel at the sportsman's show in Harrisburg and they did not want this to happen has this meant less wardens doing double duty. The law breakers and poachers would no doubt like to see that happen. The bill stated there would be 10 fish commissioners to 8 game commissioners.I would like to hear the reason for that one!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 12:13 PM
Sage

That would be a very good question.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiggy View Post
There is going to be a public meeting with the fish commission on Thursday,Feb 28th 6 to 8 pm at the Tioga County Farigrounds building. State Rep Clint Owlett is going to be hosting it. I know I will be there and will ask about this HB 514. He is on the game and fisheries committee so your input could carry some weight. Just notify his office that how many will attend online or call. I talked to fish commission personnel at the sportsman's show in Harrisburg and they did not want this to happen has this meant less wardens doing double duty. The law breakers and poachers would no doubt like to see that happen. The bill stated there would be 10 fish commissioners to 8 game commissioners.I would like to hear the reason for that one!
The way I read it, seemed say 8 each and 2 for the boaters.

If Sunday hunting was not already illegal, who among us would not laugh at making it so?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page